I bought a Haenol 300 a couple of months back and the other day I tested it over the chronograph using H&N 8.4gn pellets. I wrote the figures given by the chrono and converted them online using a ft/lb calculator. The figures I got were as follows, 478,481, 479, 488, 483, 487, 485, 484, 490 & 485. So according to the online calculator a figure between 4.26ft/lb and 4.48ft/lb. I didn't weigh the pellets only went by the weight given on the tin so more than likely some pellets were marginally heavier or lighter than the stated weight.
On a previous post I put on about the Haenol another member posted they were getting 7ft/lb from their rifle. I'm thinking I might need to replace the spring in the rifle as no air is escaping from the the breech as I placed a piece of wet paper on it when shooting and it remained in place.
If I replace the spring is it worth replacing the piston seal at the same time and if so can anyone tell me where I can get both a spring and seal or if there's not a Haenol genuine spring and seal available a spring and seal from another rifle that will fit?
Thanks.