Thread: Haenol 300 Power.

Haenol 300 Power.

I bought a Haenol 300 a couple of months back and the other day I tested it over the chronograph using H&N 8.4gn pellets. I wrote the figures given by the chrono and converted them online using a ft/lb calculator. The figures I got were as follows, 478,481, 479, 488, 483, 487, 485, 484, 490 & 485. So according to the online calculator a figure between 4.26ft/lb and 4.48ft/lb. I didn't weigh the pellets only went by the weight given on the tin so more than likely some pellets were marginally heavier or lighter than the stated weight.
    On a previous post I put on about the Haenol another member posted they were getting 7ft/lb from their rifle. I'm thinking I might need to replace the spring in the rifle as no air is escaping from the the breech as I placed a piece of wet paper on it when shooting and it remained in place.
    If I replace the spring is it worth replacing the piston seal at the same time and if so can anyone tell me where I can get both a spring and seal or if there's not a Haenol genuine spring and seal available a spring and seal from another rifle that will fit?
    Thanks.

Haenel

Just got mine back from gunsmith pal after new spring and seals. All parts came from chamber's and all was in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Leepelletb View Post
    Just got mine back from gunsmith pal after new spring and seals. All parts came from chamber's and all was in stock.
    Thanks for the reply, I'll look on their site. Sorry I'm late in replying but been away.