Thread: Match Pistol comparison.

Match Pistol comparison.

Are there any 10m pistol shooters on here that have shot or owned a Styer Lp10E/Evo10E and a Pardini K12 that could give me an opinion or comparison of the pistols? I am particularly interested in the trigger operation and feel and reliability of the electronic trigger.

Thanks in advance.
    "This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours"

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    I have a Pardini K12 and in my opinion it is the best mechanical trigger I have ever used.

My previous experience and ownership includes SAM K11, Walther LP300, Steyr LP2 and LP10, Walther LP400, Morini both mechanical and electronic triggers and FWB P34 and P44.

At the end of the day, a pistol is an extremely personal piece of kit and you will know when you pick it up which suits you the best.

Thereafter, setting up the grip, trigger position, 1st and 2nd stage weights and stop position will be needed to tailor you individual requirements.

All PCP match pistols can shoot a one hole group at 10 metres from a vice - the difficulty is reproducing that as a human being.

You really need to try before you buy.

Hope my thoughts and experience are helpful to you.

ATB
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Like Mike says it is the whole package and like him I've shot most and own a K12.
    Steyr have superb back up in the uk none of the others come close.
    K12 needs the grip worked on to get it to point (grips are disposable) Steyr is easy to get to point as you can move the frame in the grip to get it right. Superb and easy sear adjustment on the K12, if you do that to a Mechanical Steyr all sorts of stuff can go wrong (after pulse) and the screws are not well placed and the whole trigger adjustment feels cheapo compared to the K12 Allan machine screws set in quality alloy rather than cast pot metal. Electronic feels wooden to some. You need to have them both and use them over a period of time and then use the one that just does it for you. The K12 does it for me even though I've electronic stuff too.
    Take your time and have a shoot of them all.

I had the Steyr Evo10e for a good few years from when they first came out. I wanted the e trigger after having a Walther LP400. My rationale was e trigger for reliability and less mechanical wear with dry firing.
    Imagine my surprise at needing a new circuit board after the electrics failed after 4 years. Wasn't cheap but Steyr UK sorted me out quickly. Of all my top end rifles and pistols I've never had any mechanical failures (touch wood!)

I now have a Walther LP 500. I have the mechanical trigger although the LP 500 can have the e trigger fitted if I want to go back down that road.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

Many thanks for your input gents.

Any more K12 shooters out there?

Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer View Post
    Any more K12 shooters out there?
    Yes me too - I also have a Pardini K12.

I can only agree that the K12 trigger is the best engineered trigger I have ever used.

If only we had the same superb level of support that Steyr enjoy here in the UK, I am sure that there would be a lot more of them in regular use.

I have been shooting air pistol since 1971 and have owned or used just about every match pistol ever made (including spring/SSP/CO2 and PCP) and believe that no other trigger is as good as this one......it’s just a shame that I am unable to make the best use of it......

......but if I ever find that large right handed RINK grip to fit it that I have been looking for, all that could change......
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Yes me too - I also have a Pardini K12.
    ......but if I ever find that large right handed RINK grip to fit it that I have been looking for, all that could change......
    Try here Bob;

https://www.formgriffe.de/en/Pardini...#wizard-step-0

HTH
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Thanks Mike,

Good to hear from you👍

I am still hoping to pick up a good used large size right handed grip.

New ones are now too expensive for me by the time the postage and taxes are added on, and a used one will be more than good enough for me to use at this stage of my target shooting career

Stay safe,

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.