I share the frustration! Not just with the lack of availability of a "proper" (for want of a better word) target pistol but also with the lack of appreciation of what one is. A die cast replica of a colt 1911 is in no way comparable with my GSP!

I did buy one of the Britarms long barrel pistols, but this,although it showed some promise, it is not as highly developed as the walther and I cannot get a left-hand grip for it. The bit that they got right though was to keep the front sight in the right place rather than put at the end of the barrel.

The frustrating thing is that it wouldn't take much for Walther to make a limited batch of GSPs that could be legally possessed in england,scotland and wales, after all they are not exactly mass produced anyway. As with the Britarms the barrel can be bored out, a 30 cm long cylindrical barrel screwed and locked in place and a coat hanger fixed into the rear of the lower frame. These are the only changes needed. Whilst it still won't comply with ISSF dimensional rules neither of the alterations could be seen as being of benefit to the shooter, on the contrary they handicap the shooter, in particular the longer barrel results in longer barrel time for the bullet. The real GSP has a barrel of only 4.2 inches (107 m.m.), the coat hanger just gets in the way.