Thread: Hodgson 777 FFG in a .44 revolver

Renegade Master is offline They mostly come at night, mostly

Hodgson 777 FFG in a .44 revolver

Morning chaps,

Simple question, is this OK to use? I normally use the FFFG variant but have run out and now can't buy any more (no BP/explosives licence). I do however have some FFG, just not sure if it's safe to use in a Pietta New Model Army.

Any advice gratefully received.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Master View Post
    Morning chaps,

Simple question, is this OK to use? I normally use the FFFG variant but have run out and now can't buy any more (no BP/explosives licence). I do however have some FFG, just not sure if it's safe to use in a Pietta New Model Army.

Any advice gratefully received.
    it be fine

There should be no problem , It's 1 grade courser so if anything it should burn slightly slower practically unnoticeable by felt recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Master View Post
    Many thanks gents.
    sorry for my short reply but was using tv remote on the tv internet which is a pain to use.
    you be ok.
    i use various loads in my bp revolvers each week just to suck and see but i get great results with 17 gns weighed 777 and 3 lee .5 cc scoops of cow with a .454 ball in both my roger and spencer and rem 1858 at 25 yds......might be better if i could see the target after 3 shots buts its fun.......usually around 2 inches

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    sorry for my short reply but was using tv remote on the tv internet which is a pain to use.
    you be ok.
    i use various loads in my bp revolvers each week just to suck and see but i get great results with 17 gns weighed 777 and 3 lee .5 cc scoops of cow with a .454 ball in both my roger and spencer and rem 1858 at 25 yds......might be better if i could see the target after 3 shots buts its fun.......usually around 2 inches
    Thanks for that.