Thread: Webley Alecto version

Webley Alecto version

I have just bought a second hand Webley Alecto, but can't work out what version it is.
    It has a black valve and pump tube, a single slot in the top rail, and a threaded barrel. The serial number is TR AT 0312W 03158.
    Nothing I have found online has given me a definitive answer, but I am beginning to think it is a Mk 3; does anyone have a source of any accurate reference information that can verify its age etc?
    It's not particularly desperate as I really like the pistol, but I would just like to know what I have got!
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Quote Originally Posted by Modski66 View Post
    I have just bought a second hand Webley Alecto, but can't work out what version it is.
    It has a black valve and pump tube, a single slot in the top rail, and a threaded barrel. The serial number is TR AT 0312W 03158.
    Nothing I have found online has given me a definitive answer, but I am beginning to think it is a Mk 3; does anyone have a source of any accurate reference information that can verify its age etc?
    It's not particularly desperate as I really like the pistol, but I would just like to know what I have got!
    Not sure of the exact version (I only have one of the originals, and the exact variations is also something that interests me), but the serial number date is March 2012 (0312), so it’ll be whatever model was out then…

ashf9999 - That was very useful information, thank you! It confirms my thought that mine a Mk 3; I don't think a Mk 4 was ever made, and the Mk 5 came out around 2018/2019.

You don't happen to know what all the other letters and numbers refer to?
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

03158 is the serial number. Not sure what the W is about in particular, unless it signified Webley??? Other than that (assuming Zoraki used a similar S/N format to Hatsan) I’m assuming it’s just related to the factory (TR=Turkey, AT=Atak Arms).