Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help choosing a spring Pistol for 10m target shooting

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    The IZH 53M is a cheap(ish), moderate weight, break barrel, spring pistol, great for plinking and learning the trade. .
    I thought this pistol was no longer imported and/or produced?
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    I thought this pistol was no longer imported and/or produced?
    Rich.
    Still for sale here and there.
    Good deals with these members

Hi, another reply extolling the virtues of SSP. I had an old Webley Nemesis .22 and have currently got a Gamo Compact .177 both as accurate as I was capable of over 10m. Happy shooting.

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Speaking as a fellow newbie, don't let used put you off as something well cared for can be shooting better than even a brand new factory fresh gun as it's been worn in as such and you've also got a lot more scope to find something that fits you best (it's really a good idea to try before you buy too).
    All my Pistols currently are acctually Airsoft as I wanted low low power for shooting in a Kitchen when I'm not able to use my Rifles, speaking of which my best Rifle which is very accurate is also 37 years old, not that you'd know looking at it so really don't be afraid of used.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Why is a single pump not a viable option for you?

A Beeman P17, which is a copy of the Hw40, is priced low and gives better performance than all cheap spring pistols.
    100% agree if you can find a s/hand hw40 you are sorted target accuracy recoiless and decent trigger . Also lighter than a spring pistol.

I thoroughly reccomend my gamo af10..single stroke pneumatic reasonable trigger spits out pellets dead accurate or runs lead BBs from its mag and even these I find really accurate out of the rifled barrel. Currently £109 new and I think that is a bargain. Bought mine circa 30 years ago still going fine no services no issues 😲

Hth
    Stu
    Ex- Field airgun fella @ www.hprpc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Why is a single pump not a viable option for you?

A Beeman P17, which is a copy of the Hw40, is priced low and gives better performance than all cheap spring pistols.
    P17 is surprisingly good

Webley Tempest or Premier in .177. You should be able to buy one in good working order for less than a hundred pounds. Tunable and will last more than a lifetime. You can learn to shoot pistol with it. If you sell it, you will get your money back.