Thread: Help choosing a spring Pistol for 10m target shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I wouldn’t recommend the Hatsan 25, I had one. Physically very heavy, needed the cocking aid, high recoil. Traded it in for a Baikal 53, which is my wife’s pistol. The Buckmark has a following and can be good, and there is the Gamo P-900.

Eric

The Buckmark can be sorted by a tune up and trigger work, easy to cock and minimal recoil.
    6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy...!

Why is a single pump not a viable option for you?

A Beeman P17, which is a copy of the Hw40, is priced low and gives better performance than all cheap spring pistols.
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post

A Beeman P17, which is a copy of the Hw40, is priced low and gives better performance than all cheap spring pistols.
    100% agree if you can find a s/hand hw40 you are sorted target accuracy recoiless and decent trigger . Also lighter than a spring pistol.

I thoroughly reccomend my gamo af10..single stroke pneumatic reasonable trigger spits out pellets dead accurate or runs lead BBs from its mag and even these I find really accurate out of the rifled barrel. Currently £109 new and I think that is a bargain. Bought mine circa 30 years ago still going fine no services no issues 😲

Hth
    Stu
    Ex- Field airgun fella @ www.hprpc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post

P17 is surprisingly good

Webley Tempest or Premier in .177. You should be able to buy one in good working order for less than a hundred pounds. Tunable and will last more than a lifetime. You can learn to shoot pistol with it. If you sell it, you will get your money back.