Thread: Bulmer does a strip BSA 240 Magnum

Bulmer does a strip BSA 240 Magnum

Does anyone have a copy of the above please

Ferrets, I have never seen any instructions on stripping but I have done it myself and found it not difficult to strip and reassemble. There are just a few pins holding the parts in place. I always take pics with my phone to record the orientation of the various components as they are removed.

Baz

http://i.imgur.com/wXCuCJa.jpg
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Always had a love of the 240s, I’m lucky to have both the silver and black variants but do find the hinge pin works it’s way loose on the black one after a bit of use. Would have liked to see these made a bit longer and maybe more grip and barrel options. From the box it does look like a longer version was planned but never made to my knowledge.

Some are inaccurate and need a slight mod due to the pellet having to jump the gap between the end of the barrel and the false "muzzle" of the pistol while in recoil mode. When sorted makes a terrific improvement to accuracy.

Baz

Thank you mate much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by GRAZY View Post
    Always had a love of the 240s, I’m lucky to have both the silver and black variants but do find the hinge pin works it’s way loose on the black one after a bit of use. Would have liked to see these made a bit longer and maybe more grip and barrel options. From the box it does look like a longer version was planned but never made to my knowledge.
    Yeah I love these pistols always longed after one when I was a teen, so love owning them now

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Some are inaccurate and need a slight mod due to the pellet having to jump the gap between the end of the barrel and the false "muzzle" of the pistol while in recoil mode. When sorted makes a terrific improvement to accuracy.

Baz
    What kind of mods are you referring too?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets Bueller View Post
    What kind of mods are you referring too?
    One simple mod, open up the hole slightly in the end of the "slide" muzzle so the pellet does not clip the side on the way out. The actual muzzle of the barrel is far back from the exit point from the pistol and the pellet is leaving as the pistol is jumping slightly. See red arrows my pic link above.

Baz

One simple mod, open up the hole slightly in the end of the "slide" muzzle so the pellet does not clip the side on the way out. The actual muzzle of the barrel is far back from the exit point from the pistol and the pellet is leaving as the pistol is jumping slightly. See red arrows my pic link above.

Baz
    Ah yes makes sense i'll give it a go How much material are you removing?

The ones that are occasionally affected by inaccuracy are very slightly deflected so 1 mm will make sure there is a total improvement.

Baz

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    The ones that are occasionally affected by inaccuracy are very slightly deflected so 1 mm will make sure there is a total improvement.

Baz
    Did this to mine years ago - unsurprisingly the problem is with .22s There is a crosspin in the plastic, so you can't go too large - as Baz says, opening out by a mill is just fine. Also, the pellet doesn't have to physically hit, just be too close, and it will still bugger up accuracy.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.