Thread: John’s BSA book

John’s BSA book

Having deleted the original Kempton video that featured an interview with John Melewski about his BSA book (for video production quality control reasons) I’ve just republished a cut down video just about John’s excellent book:

John Mileweski presents his book 'The book Of the BSA Air Rifle 1905-1939' Vintage airgun History
    https://youtu.be/oRj44EahAEg

This should give it a better chance to be seen as now it isn’t buried in a longer video.

I’ll do the same with the excellent walk around John did with Mariana where he picked out a few favourites from that Kempton back in 2021.

The last Kempton vid was perfect so I’ll leave that well alone!

Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Having deleted the original Kempton video that featured an interview with John Melewski about his BSA book (for video production quality control reasons) I’ve just republished a cut down video just about John’s excellent book:

John Mileweski presents his book 'The book Of the BSA Air Rifle 1905-1939' Vintage airgun History
    https://youtu.be/oRj44EahAEg

This should give it a better chance to be seen as now it isn’t buried in a longer video.

I’ll do the same with the excellent walk around John did with Mariana where he picked out a few favourites from that Kempton back in 2021.

The last Kempton vid was perfect so I’ll leave that well alone!

Cheers,
    Matt
    Look forward to seeing JM's video again and any further you may do Matt...

very good bud

Oh dear!

A great video!
    Thanks.
    Problem is, I've now got to go and buy the book.
    Better value than a pellet tin me thinks.
    costalot

Quote Originally Posted by costalotpanther View Post
    A great video!
    Thanks.
    Problem is, I've now got to go and buy the book.
    Better value than a pellet tin me thinks.
    Be quick
    I don't think there can be many left.....

It’s a great read. I especially enjoyed reading the bit about the competition at Overbury. I grew up a couple of villages further around Bredon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    It’s a great read. I especially enjoyed reading the bit about the competition at Overbury. I grew up a couple of villages further around Bredon Hill.
    And to think the prize rifle has survived in such superb condition.

Thanks to Lakey, I feel incredibly privileged to have handled, photographed and even shot it.

It must be among the best preserved BSAs out there.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Bsa Book

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Be quick
    I don't think there can be many left.....
    Just bought a copy.
    Thank you PayPal.
    costalot

sparko is offline One of Tiger Woods' lovers...
    Mine arrived as a birthday gift in April … All credit to you John for assembling the book … A book to be treasured👍
    Not sure where I`m going.....But I`ll get there someday

Quote Originally Posted by sparko View Post
    Mine arrived as a birthday gift in April … All credit to you John for assembling the book … A book to be treasured👍
    Thank you too Sparko, for your kind words. It was a labour of love and kept growing in size!

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Just bought a copy.
    Thank you PayPal.
    Arrived today,
    Loads of lovely photos and stuff,
    My type of book,
    So pleased I got a copy,
    Hours of enjoyment coming up,
    Thank you John Milewski.
    costalot

Arrived today,
    Loads of lovely photos and stuff,
    My type of book,
    So pleased I got a copy,
    Hours of enjoyment coming up,
    Thank you John Milewski.
    Very kind of you to say so Sir.

Enjoy!

Kind regards,

John

John Milewski's BSA book, which is still available at Protek Supplies, along with Chris Thrale's Webley Air Rifles book and John Griffiths' Encyclopedia of Spring Air Pistols - also available from Protek - are all labours of love and so incredible value in terms of price vs hours spent putting them together. Value like this doesn't come up very often in a lifetime and you're making a mistake missing out on it. Unless of course you're not really interested in vintage airguns - in which case, why are you reading this?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    John Milewski's BSA book, which is still available at Protek Supplies, along with Chris Thrale's Webley Air Rifles book and John Griffiths' Encyclopedia of Spring Air Pistols - also available from Protek - are all labours of love and so incredible value in terms of price vs hours spent putting them together. Value like this doesn't come up very often in a lifetime and you're making a mistake missing out on it. Unless of course you're not really interested in vintage airguns - in which case, why are you reading this?
    Thank you Danny,

With having a demanding day job, there were times I worried the BSA book may never see the light of day but it was well worth the effort and I'm delighted it has been so well received.

John M

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Has stated above all 3 are must have books. and we have to be very greatfull to the authors, for putting all that time and effort in, l know l couldn't have done it.