Thread: i.j.s birthday

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

i.j.s birthday

I've just noticed on the birthdays that it would have been I'j's today.
    It makes you wonder how many of the people on the site are still with us?

R.I.P. I.J.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

How quickly time passes - I hope his family eventually see some justice over the contaminated blood scandal.

RIP Ian

Happy birthday ian. Wish you were here to enjoy it. Rip mate.

ij

for a small guy he left a big hole where ever he trod)

very sad r.i.p

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    How quickly time passes - I hope his family eventually see some justice over the contaminated blood scandal.

RIP Ian
    My MP used to be the right dis-honourable Kenneth Clarke, health minister in charge at the time. I find it difficult to believe that he knew nothing about it.

The current occupants of No. 10 and No. 11 now seem to be strenuously back-peddling on their insistence that compensation paid quickly, statements made before they had their current jobs...

Getting back to IJ, I was thinking about him on Sunday, as I often do when shooting my compact FWB P34 that used to be his.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by Modski66 View Post
    My MP used to be the right dis-honourable Kenneth Clarke, health minister in charge at the time. I find it difficult to believe that he knew nothing about it.
    I. J. once showed me a copy of a letter written by John Major in the early 80's where he suggested that all those affected should apply to the National Lottery for a grant to cover compensation

How's that for passing the buck???

I. J. also asked that anyone obtaining one of his extensive collection of airguns could perhaps continue the pressure on the Government for compensation to be paid to the dependents of the ever decreasing band of sufferers.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Mmmm...This compensation lark is nothing short of scandalous and governments should hang heads in shame. Money found quickly for wars, illegal or proxy. £6 million per day for Macron's illegal boat people, nothing to support our home homeless and those living in terrible condition ex-containers. Our own home grown poor souls deserving what is right and proper are cast aside as non-humans.

I.J. a top bloke indeed despite his situation, always a great contributor to this forum and wicked humour. He will not be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post
    Mmmm...This compensation lark is nothing short of scandalous and governments should hang heads in shame. Money found quickly for wars, illegal or proxy. £6 million per day for Macron's illegal boat people, nothing to support our home homeless and those living in terrible condition ex-containers. Our own home grown poor souls deserving what is right and proper are cast aside as non-humans.

I.J. a top bloke indeed despite his situation, always a great contributor to this forum and wicked humour. He will not be forgotten.
    Absolutely well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest Stocks View Post
    Absolutely well said.
    Both of you, have you ever given blood? If more of us had, then the UK government could have been more chosey with what they used, limited supply led to shortcuts being taken to keep the UK
    supplied with the blood products we needed.

From what I understand this lead to the situation where infected blood was given to people like IJ, perhaps as a memorial to IJ we should all become blood donors!
    Last edited by coburn; 13-08-2023 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Both of you, have you ever given blood? If more of us had, then the UK government could have been more chosey with what they used, limited supply led to shortcuts being taken to keep the UK

From what I understand this lead to the situation where infected blood was given to people like IJ, perhaps as a memorial to IJ we should all become blood donors!
    I am insulin dependent and not eligible.....

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post

I used to give blood regularly every few months but am on long term meds that prevent me doing so today unfortunately.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I got out of the habit during the pandemic, I must get back into it.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?