Thread: HW45 Mini Carbine Ideas? Shoulder Stock - Longer Barrel etc

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

HW45 Mini Carbine Ideas? Shoulder Stock - Longer Barrel etc

Following on from a recent Buccaneer/Shadow/Trooper thread where I’m wanting to scratch the ultra small mini Carbine type setup low and behold I’ve bagged another HW45 instead for my sins

I’m no stranger to the HW45 having owned a fair few as they are still one of my favourite pistols

Luckily my latest purchase which came via a very good mate has had some internal goodies already done namely Aussie seal and TBT full kit so that saves me a job and my sanity yeah been there before with that monster preload

So my plan is using this 45 to make some sort of mini Carbine for my fun backyard garage range plinker.

I’ve got two routes to discover firstly I’ve never tried the shoulder stock route on any previous 45 and I’m after some experiences and advice on what’s out there? Even better if you can show pics? I know there was the original type shoulder stock but are there any other alternatives? Obviously 3d printing has boomed since those days and I see plenty of 3d stocks made for other pistols etc is this a viable route?

Secondly if I go the shoulder stock route and I like it, I’m thinking I would probably want to fit a longer barrel and add some front end weight with a silencer/brake etc from memory I remember the barrel being around 10mm diameter so a barrel should be fairly easy to sort?

With a shoulder stock fitted I probably wouldn’t need to go front iron sight riser as I’d probably fit a reflex or red dot or possibly even a small scope for the sights option.

Just after some ideas chaps as I’m sure many of you have done this road yonks ago and already muttered meh….but as my user tagline suggests I’m always late to the party

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    You are mad. Simply mad!

That aside, if you want to try my shoulderstock at the next bash in September, just ask. I can easily bring it.

On half power it is very low recoil and rather good on the bell target.

Other than that, get an Anne Summers catalogue and strap a few bits on
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    You are mad. Simply mad!

That aside, if you want to try my shoulderstock at the next bash in September, just ask. I can easily bring it.

On half power it is very low recoil and rather good on the bell target.

Other than that, get an Anne Summers catalogue and strap a few bits on
    Hahaha made me laugh

I’ll let you know about the bash Tinners and really appreciate that 👍🏻

Out of interest is yours setup with the irons with the shoulder stock if so I’m assuming you have the front sight riser?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post

Out of interest is yours setup with the irons with the shoulder stock if so I’m assuming you have the front sight riser?

Yes, and yes
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Yes, and yes
    Thanks and thanks

I've done a few over the years, including with the original shoulder stock and front sight riser.
    I've also put red dots and scopes on and silencers.
    The result was always disappointing and I ended up converting them back to pistols.
    Have a go and see what you think, but I advise not doing anything you can't undo....