Thread: Boxed Webley Senior .22 Air Pistol Valuation

Boxed Webley Senior .22 Air Pistol Valuation

As titled I'm looking for a valuation on this little beauty from seasoned guys and girls with a keen eye for the collectibles please.

Thanks in advance

just plod on and keep smiling

£220

maybe more if sold separately
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post
    £220

maybe more if sold separately
    Thank you good sir, very much appreciated

Could do with better photos of the pistol itself. Assuming only moderate wear and no pitting, I’d also say £220-£250 in a private sale.

Really need to see both sides of the pistol and the rear plug. There is generally more wear to the side that lays on the cardboard

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Really need to see both sides of the pistol and the rear plug. There is generally more wear to the side that lays on the cardboard
    Looking closely at the pistol, the finish is not so good with lots of minor pitting and discolouration. If the other side is similar or worse, i'd rate it a 6/10.
    As to pricing, £200 would be nearer the mark.

More pictures, apologies for the delay.

There's a fair bit of corrosion on the pistol but the finish looks original and it should clean up a fair bit with some oiled 0000 grade wire wool and lots of patience. The box and accessories look a lot cleaner and I'd also value this set at around £200 as for that price it is worth acquiring and cleaning.

Good luck.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Ooh, yes. It’s not great. As John says, the box is far better than the content, so I’d certainly revise my previous estimate downwards to £200ish. If you’re prepared to put the work in you should get a few extra £ than if you don’t, but it isn’t brilliant. At least the grips appear intact.

Thanks everyone, really appreciate your honesty, I'll create a sales thread later as it was given to us via my wife's friend.

All the money from the sale will be going to the Black Country Museum where my said good lady works 😀

Ironically the box and the bits are worth more than the pistol! A fair bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by slug-gun View Post
    Ironically the box and the bits are worth more than the pistol! A fair bit more.
    Maybe it would be wise to list the items separately, especially if you want to maximise the price for good causes.

Just an idea ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    Maybe it would be wise to list the items separately, especially if you want to maximise the price for good causes.

Just an idea ?
    Thanks for the heads up on that, some assistance with prices would be very much appreciated if to separate

If this set has been together since the 1960s, it would be a shame to split it now.

My vote is to either sell as is or clean the pistol sympathetically but certainly to keep it all together.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    If this set has been together since the 1960s, it would be a shame to split it now.

My vote is to either sell as is or clean the pistol sympathetically but certainly to keep it all together.

John
    So true
    So many sets get broken upto make an extra couple of quid it's a real shame