Thread: A Boxed Webley Mk3 Supertarget

A Boxed Webley Mk3 Supertarget

For Sale.

A late production Webley Mk3 Supertarget presented in its original long box.

The rifle is fitted with Anschutz fore and diopter sights and comes with a tub of foresight elements. There are signs of use but overall, the rifle is in very good cosmetic condition and working order. As expected, there is no rearsight or 'scope ramp but there are a couple of small screws in front of the trigger block (no idea why they are there but they do not affect the function of the rifle). A PH element holder is fitted but redundant on this model as the Anschutz foresight elements are larger than the PH type. It can be used to store a small reserve of pellets! The stock has an attractive grain pattern and all works as it should.

The rifle was produced in late 1974 and the box has a number of factory markings including the original 1975 Webley frank for what looks like 70p posted to a gun shop in Slough. There is a clear Webley label on the box and one end flap is marked SUPER TARGET 177. These long boxes are less common than the shorter box most Mark 3s were supplied in and this is a rare opportunity to acquire one for the collection. The original instructions are present, together with a descriptive Webley leaflet on aperture sights, which was included with the rifle at the point of sale.

Link to photos below.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/XLMa7ogNHt9brWEp6

The box is in excellent condition and as I do not want to risk damaging this set, I'm not willing to post this one. It's just too long and rare a box to risk doing so. The price is £650 and the rifle can be collected from Kempton Park Arms Fair on Sunday 3rd September.

Thanks for looking.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Hi John. I’d like to take this please. PM incoming.
    thanks, ash

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    Hi John. I’d like to take this please. PM incoming.
    thanks, ash
    On hold for Ashf9999

Thank you Ash.
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Supertarget.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    For Sale.

A late production Webley Mk3 Supertarget presented in its original long box.

The rifle is fitted with Anschutz fore and diopter sights and comes with a tub of foresight elements. There are signs of use but overall, the rifle is in very good cosmetic condition and working order. As expected, there is no rearsight or 'scope ramp but there are a couple of small screws in front of the trigger block (no idea why they are there but they do not affect the function of the rifle). A PH element holder is fitted but redundant on this model as the Anschutz foresight elements are larger than the PH type. It can be used to store a small reserve of pellets! The stock has an attractive grain pattern and all works as it should.

The rifle was produced in late 1974 and the box has a number of factory markings including the original 1975 Webley frank for what looks like 70p posted to a gun shop in Slough. There is a clear Webley label on the box and one end flap is marked SUPER TARGET 177. These long boxes are less common than the shorter box most Mark 3s were supplied in and this is a rare opportunity to acquire one for the collection. The original instructions are present, together with a descriptive Webley leaflet on aperture sights, which was included with the rifle at the point of sale.

Link to photos below.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/XLMa7ogNHt9brWEp6

The box is in excellent condition and as I do not want to risk damaging this set, I'm not willing to post this one. It's just too long and rare a box to risk doing so. The price is £650 and the rifle can be collected from Kempton Park Arms Fair on Sunday 3rd September.

Thanks for looking.

John
    That was a very quick sale john,gone in 1 Hour. I have one of the later ones with same sights and separate foresight storage box. You have now given me a good idea of the value of mine.I had 4 at one time of P.Hale type now all sold but this one. Roly.

Love the wood!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Love the wood!!!
    Thank you Steve.

Hi Roly,
    I included a premium on this rifle as it is boxed, the long box being rarer than the rifle!

John

Must admit I’d not seen that format before, but the stamping on the end at least confirms originality. I wonder if the factory did these for a period, or whether that had a shortage of boxes in stock one day and sent a batch out in the big ones. Guess we’ll never know for certain.

Must admit I’d not seen that format before, but the stamping on the end at least confirms originality. I wonder if the factory did these for a period, or whether that had a shortage of boxes in stock one day and sent a batch out in the big ones. Guess we’ll never know for certain.
    I wondered that too as I'd not seen another similar box when I bought this one some years ago. However, I was told by a highly respected Webley collector with way more knowledge than I that the box is 'right' as he knows of several other similar examples; all Supertargets. It's a tidy little outfit and great to see it has Webley labels/marks from when it left the factory.

John

Offtopic but very nice rifle! And boxing etc as well! Great combo
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Offtopic but very nice rifle! And boxing etc as well! Great combo
    Thank you Yana,

I've enjoyed owning this one and now she can move on to the next custodian.

Kind regards,

John

very nice bit of kit

Thumbs up Got it at last

Finally got round to collecting this from John a couple of days back. Lovely gun from an exceptionally informative chap.

Finally got round to collecting this from John a couple of days back. Lovely gun from an exceptionally informative chap.
    It was a pleasure to meet you Ashley and to have a natter.

I hope you enjoy owning the Supertarget.

Kind regards,

John