Thread: Boxed Webley Senior .22 Air Pistol & Extras

Boxed Webley Senior .22 Air Pistol & Extras

SOLD

Morning all as per title and is being sold together as rightly some folk pointed out after all these years together splitting such would be sacrilege.

Everything you see in the pictures is included with all proceeds going to the Black Country Museum.

Would prefer collection but understand distance between folk prohibits that sometimes so postage would be extra at the buyers cost.

£220

Last edited by hounded; 20-08-2023 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Sold
    just plod on and keep smiling

Can I take at £220 plus postage then please. I’ll restore her. Pm incoming.

Thanks

Ash

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    Can I take at £220 plus postage then please. I’ll restore her. Pm incoming.

Thanks

Ash
    Certainly good sir, tis all yours pending payment.

Payment received thanks Ash, will be in the post tomorrow afternoon.

kind regards

Mark

SOLD

Thumbs up Cheers

Perfect. Many thanks indeed.

will look lovely when restored

That's a perfect candidate for 0000 wire wool and oil. Once the surface rust is off it'll be virtually good as new - as I'm sure Ash knows.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    That's a perfect candidate for 0000 wire wool and oil. Once the surface rust is off it'll be virtually good as new - as I'm sure Ash knows.
    true and with all the extras a nice bit of kit,probably not had a lot of use.

Well it arrived today - and a lovely set it is too.

As Danny mentioned (and John on the other thread) it is mostly just a case of a gentle application of 0000. Nothing against the OP’s photos, but it looks better in reality.

There is one small area of pitting on the side of the frame on the tip by the rear sight for about 4mm, but that’s the worst of it. The other light marks will be made to disappear…

Screws are nearly perfect, just a small mark on the pivot keeper and the sight screw has seen a bit of use, as to be expected.

All I’ve done today is a quick spray over with Ballistol and some sticky stuff remover for something Marmitey on the trigger guard. That alone has improved things considerably.

The box number matches the pistol number, so it is indeed likely original from the factory and, short of the small mark on the front label and a small tear in the front right corner of the top lid, the box is in excellent condition. The other bits make it a nice set.

I’ve not cocked it yet, but tensioning the barrel the piston is free (I’ll treat it to an internal clean and lube). All in all the pistol is actually in great condition. The box-side of the pistol is also free of pitting.

I may be wrong, but I suspect the likely issue is it got left outside after an afternoons shooting, got rained on lightly and forgotten about for a few days.

Glad I went for it. Nice addition to the collection.

Many, many thanks to Hounded.
    Last edited by ashf9999; 22-08-2023 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    Well it arrived today - and a lovely set it is too.

As Danny mentioned (and John on the other thread) it is mostly just a case of a gentle application of 0000. Nothing against the OP’s photos, but it looks better in reality.

There is one small area of pitting on the side of the frame on the tip by the rear sight for about 4mm, but that’s the worst of it. The other light marks will be made to disappear…

Screws are nearly perfect, just a small mark on the pivot keeper and the sight screw has seen a bit of use, as to be expected.

All I’ve done today is a quick spray over with Ballistol and some sticky stuff remover for something Marmitey on the trigger guard. That alone has improved things considerably.

The box number matches the pistol number, so it is indeed likely original from the factory and, short of the small mark on the front label and a small tear in the front right corner of the top lid, the box is in excellent condition. The other bits make it a nice set.

I’ve not cocked it yet, but tensioning the barrel the piston is free (I’ll treat it to an internal clean and lube). All in all the pistol is actually in great condition. The box-side of the pistol is also free of pitting.

I may be wrong, but I suspect the likely issue is it got left outside after an afternoons shooting, got rained on lightly and forgotten about for a few days.

Glad I went for it. Nice addition to the collection.

Many, many thanks to Hounded.
    So pleased it's in good hands Ash and it can live on and has also done some good for the Black Country Museum.