Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Venomac .22

Venomac .22

Hi All, any ideas where i can get a magazine for a BSA GOLDSTAR Venomac .22 under lever air rifle? Its something ive been tasked to fix, its also got 2 pellets jammed in the barrel! grrr The magazine i have has fallen to bits ! Also i note that Steve Pope has passed on, any ideas of another guru who to contact for repairs ? cheers all
    many thanks Pauly
    Last edited by techno; 20-08-2023 at 11:26 AM.

Bsa

Try Venoman on here. Lyn Lewington. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Try Venoman on here. Lyn Lewington. Mach 1.5
    HI chap,just a query about the post, who is Lyn Lewington? many thanks Pauly

Venomac

ARC tuning. Lyn worked in conjunction with Steve Pope when VMach was up and running. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    ARC tuning. Lyn worked in conjunction with Steve Pope when VMach was up and running. Mach 1.5
    Thanks for the reply.
    Just another wee question you may be able to answer, was there anything special about the bsa gold star venomac?
    i note it has a 10 round magazine ,but i cant see how on earth that works? many thanks Pauly

Venomac

Venomac was born from Venom Arms.1995 to 1998. The BSA would have a Stage 1 tune I'm guessing. As the magazine I haven't a clue I'm sorry to say but I dare say other members with a far greater knowledge than myself on BSA will be along soon to help. Mach 1.5

Any reason Venomac wouldn’t have used a standard BSA magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Any reason Venomac wouldn’t have used a standard BSA magazine?
    Can’t see why they wouldn’t have. Assuming it is the standard format and still has the magazine indexing pin fitted to the under lever, the options are (as discussed on this and other forums):

1) Remove the indexing pin (itself secured by a cross pin - make sure you retain them) and use the current format red BSA .22 mag, or
    2) Retain the pin and find an original mag (good luck with that), or drill a new mag so the pin doesn’t clash, or
    3) Buy one from Pneumatic Ballistics with the cutout https://www.pneumaticballistics.com/...shot-22-double

Remember with options 2 or 3 you have to keep the rifle horizontal on cocking so the pellets don’t either drop back into the action or just jam part way out the mag, making it a so-n-so to remove. Also remember you have to cock completely in one swift movement until the mag indexes, or else it will jam. Even though the original mags had (2) o-rings, the pellets would still slide back. The o-rings were thinner than current format and didn’t do a great job securing the pellets.

I have 3 (factory standard) Goldstar underlevers at the moment, operating on each of the above methods (inc original mags)…
    Last edited by ashf9999; 22-08-2023 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Spelling…

Quote Originally Posted by techno View Post
    Hi All, any ideas where i can get a magazine for a BSA GOLDSTAR Venomac .22 under lever air rifle? Its something ive been tasked to fix, its also got 2 pellets jammed in the barrel! grrr The magazine i have has fallen to bits ! Also i note that Steve Pope has passed on, any ideas of another guru who to contact for repairs ? cheers all
    many thanks Pauly
    A photo of said knackered mag may help identify it…

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I recently obtained a Goldstar with one original mag, I bought a new type red mag and I can't get it to sit properly in the action, the original mag will slide in as far as it will go and the sliding mag retainer slides into the mag and all is fine, the newer mag fits in but you have to pull it out slightly to get the mag retainer to locate but then the pellet seating prob hits the mag, so doesn't work would have thought the Venomsc mag would be the same as a standard BSA mag.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I recently obtained a Goldstar with one original mag, I bought a new type red mag and I can't get it to sit properly in the action, the original mag will slide in as far as it will go and the sliding mag retainer slides into the mag and all is fine, the newer mag fits in but you have to pull it out slightly to get the mag retainer to locate but then the pellet seating prob hits the mag, so doesn't work would have thought the Venomsc mag would be the same as a standard BSA mag.
    Yes to use the new style mag you need to remove the cross pin that retains the indexing pin on the under lever and take it out. The mag will then index itself in the same fashion as on, say, an R10. Odd - Mine (all .22) fit fine without clashing with the pellet probe.

Just checked - mine fit ok - this includes both the all metal BSA mags, from when the R10 first came out, and the later mostly plastic ones.
    Last edited by ashf9999; 22-08-2023 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Checked magazines

gold star

Hi i have 2 venom bsa gold stars ,the mag is a standard bsa mag venom did not change the mags,in fact venom did not do much to the gold star apart from changing the stocks to thumb hole stock and clean the internal up ,some had piston work done known as a lazaglide tune but not many as the bsa piston was very hard . if you have a lazglide it will have a lazaglide sticker on the cylinder .Nice gun you have there .atb Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    Yes to use the new style mag you need to remove the cross pin that retains the indexing pin on the under lever and take it out. The mag will then index itself in the same fashion as on, say, an R10. Odd - Mine (all .22) fit fine without clashing with the pellet probe.

Just checked - mine fit ok - this includes both the all metal BSA mags, from when the R10 first came out, and the later mostly plastic ones.
    Just tried it again and it still doesn't fit in properly, there's a dent now in the top right edge of the mag where the prob is hitting the back plate.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

After proper examination, I've found out the little mounting pin that locates in the hole in the cylinder is too big and the mag wasn't going in fully, just filed the pin round the edge and it all fits nicely now, as informed by Neil I marked the mag with the pin on the cocking lever and drilled the pin mark out and it works a treat
    Last edited by look no hands; 22-08-2023 at 07:06 PM.

pictures

Heres some piccys which may help