Thread: Airsporter triger adjustment.

Airsporter triger adjustment.

Hello all. Does anybody know which way to turn the adjusting screw to lighten trigger pull on a Mk 4 trigger this is the one with the long one piece trigger.
    Cheers DFL
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

Factory set is around 4lb.increase it by turning 16.2025 clockwise, reduce by turning anti clockwise. Trigger stop screw 16.2026 controls trigger travel, turn clockwise to reduce.
    Will try to PM you a photo if instructions from a mk 5 , long trigger example EL/GJ serial no.
    Last edited by trajectory; 01-09-2023 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    Factory set is around 4lb.increase it by turning 16.2025 clockwise, reduce by turning anti clockwise. Trigger stop screw 16.2026 controls trigger travel, turn clockwise to reduce.
    Will try to PM you a photo if instructions from a mk 5 , long trigger example EL/GJ serial no.
    Thanks Trajectory, the trigger pull is way heavier than anything else I use. Both trigger screws are at the front of the trigger guard unlike my Mk6s and Mercurys where one it at the front and one at the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    Thanks Trajectory, the trigger pull is way heavier than anything else I use. Both trigger screws are at the front of the trigger guard unlike my Mk6s and Mercurys where one it at the front and one at the rear.
    You are welcome. If its really heavy maybe it's been adjusted to be that way to someone else's preference. Has it always been that way since you owned it? If not then maybe something else is going on with it?

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    You are welcome. If its really heavy maybe it's been adjusted to be that way to someone else's preference. Has it always been that way since you owned it? If not then maybe something else is going on with it?
    It was like that when I got it this year as a rusty auction gamble, with a nice little cadet. I had a little play after what you said and it's now a bit better. I shall take care when I try a bit further.

With the design of the Airsporter it might be possible to get an idea of the condition of the mating faces of the sear etc when the action is removed from the stock & moving the parts in relation to one another by hand pressure. Obviously when it's uncocked & unloaded. Might show chips, wear or corrosion. T'other thing is you might see how the parts move in relationship to one another with the adjusting screws & see if they have an effect.
    Im pretty sure the users guide says that the trigger movement screw should be adjusted with the action cocked but unloaded. not quite sure why that is, must be something to do with the design........trigger moving from resting position slightly when the action is cocked I suppose......

Obviously care needs to be taken to ensure the mechanism is safe & reliable & not set too low or it can go off unexpectedly

Cadets are nice little rifles