Thread: Webley 1.5x15 scope?

Webley 1.5x15 scope?

Anyone know what the larger scope would of normally be fitted to,the smaller ones are all for the hurricane/typhoon but I've no idea what the larger one would of fitted?
    Thanks

Possibly a Jaguar or Ranger? Seem to recall seeing that Webley used to do a kit sold in MO catalogues.

ATB, Bru.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

With a 1.5 magnification I'd have thought it would be a pistol sight too. What is the eye relief on it? That would maybe give an indication.

Could it have been for the Teleskan kit (a sort of scout rifle set up on break barrels in the ? early 80s)?

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Could it have been for the Teleskan kit (a sort of scout rifle set up on break barrels in the ? early 80s)?
    I don't think so as the boxed Teleskan I had was a standard pistol scope with additional attachments.
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Cheers all it's a pistol scope aswell,but no idea what it's off,neither did the seller I bought it from on ,but fits a scorpion perfectly

Given the change in font (to me it looks more modern), I just wonder if it’s a slightly later pistol scope, or possibly from a different (Japanese) manufacturer? Or else the factory updated their scope lines and for some reason it got a bit bigger and Webley therefore continued with it. That said, my boxed pistol scopes from the mid-80’s are still the ‘smaller’ format. I don’t recall seeing this larger format on Webley pistol literature, but I haven’t specifically looked for that detail as yet.

Edit - could it be a later Silver range pistol scope with replacement mounts?
    https://www.a1guns.co.uk/webley_sights.htm Click the top pic in this link to expand it.
    Note the orientation of the turret blocks and the font etc…
    Last edited by ashf9999; 03-09-2023 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    Given the change in font (to me it looks more modern), I just wonder if it’s a slightly later pistol scope, or possibly from a different (Japanese) manufacturer? Or else the factory updated their scope lines and for some reason it got a bit bigger and Webley therefore continued with it. That said, my boxed pistol scopes from the mid-80’s are still the ‘smaller’ format. I don’t recall seeing this larger format on Webley pistol literature, but I haven’t specifically looked for that detail as yet.

Edit - could it be a later Silver range pistol scope with replacement mounts?
    https://www.a1guns.co.uk/webley_sights.htm Click the top pic in this link to expand it.
    Note the orientation of the turret blocks and the font etc…
    Good shout think that silver range might well be it
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evostu View Post
    Good shout think that silver range might well be it
    Thanks
    If so then it’s circa year 2000-ish

Webley tried marketing some long eye relief scopes to sit on the rear sight point of Vulcans and hawks at one point. Might be one of those? Just a thought.
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930