Thread: Webley Alecto seals

Webley Alecto seals

I have an early Alecto (basically a Zoraki HP-01). The main seals in the piston gave up the ghost a few months back just before I was about to sell it. Chambers are out of stock and it would appear the original seals are hard to get hold of. Just wondering in anyone else has managed to bring one of these back to life using more conventional o'rings as substitutes? I see Bagnall sell a set of O'rings which they say will replace the original ones.

i have sets for a alecto/zoraki and the chap i made them for says o rings work fine

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    i have sets for a alecto/zoraki and the chap i made them for says o rings work fine
    Have you got one to replace the blue seal in the piston cylinder?

not sure i've only ever stripped one a long time ago is it a o ring or a flat seal ,my kits were made up from old seals set to me with cross referencing from the sizes i'd seen on a US forum
    send me a pic

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    not sure i've only ever stripped one a long time ago is it a o ring or a flat seal ,my kits were made up from old seals set to me with cross referencing from the sizes i'd seen on a US forum
    send me a pic
    It is the flat blue one with the felt-type material behind it. Will drop you a pic on PM.