Hi Modski66,

I bought a new Original Model 10 soon after I started the Exmouth Air Pistol and Rifle Club back in 1971 to replace my Original Model 6.

The pistol was superb to look at, was very accurate, and for me it was a major upgrade over my Model 6 albeit "a bit on the heavy side" and with grips that could be a little on the small side for anyone (like me!) that has large size hands.

After several years my Model 10 was sold to fund a new FWB Model 80, but I wished I had kept it as I never got on with my Model 80 as well as I did with my Model 10.

Many years later I bought a used Model 10 in very good condition and had it resealed by Dave Mercer and it also shot very well....with some power!

The Achilles heel of the Model 10 (and the later version of the slant grip Model 6m that shared the same barrel as the Model 10) is the plastic cocking grip that pulls forwards to be turned over the front sight to protect the hand when cocking the pistol as they are known to wear (or split) and have not been available for many years .

I would hope that somebody has made a 3D printed copy of this vulnerable part by now, and if they have, it should be possible to keep the Model 10 (and 6M) pistols going for many years to come.

Bob.