Thread: Daystate Huntsman Mk1

Daystate Huntsman Mk1

Morning Guys,

I am hoping that you will have a better understading of levers thatn me I just cant seem to get my head around this one.
    I have a Daystate Huntsman Mk1 with what I believe is an optional 2 stage trigger fitted. It does protrude into the hammer path and does engage if you put extra pressure on the sear with a finger , but once the extra pressure is off the sear trips and the hammer flies forward. all the springs and screws are in place but it just feels like the front piece of the three metal parts comprising the trigger needs to go down a bit further. this travel is restricted by a spring.
    Apart from this problem its a beautiful gun I am guessing about 40 yrs old.
    If any of you fine gents can provide any clue as to what I am missing I would be most grateful.
    ATB Martini
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

The Daystate triggers had a locking screw on the trigger adjusting screws, remove the locking screw and back the screw underneath out maybe half a turn and try it. Hopefully that works, but be careful refitting the locking screw as they invariably turn the adjusting screw back in and you are back at square one.

Sent you an email with the Daystate Huntsman/LR90 owners instruction manual attached. Page 8 shows the trigger and how to adjust

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Sent you an email with the Daystate Huntsman/LR90 owners instruction manual attached. Page 8 shows the trigger and how to adjust
    Is it the same as this one, Ken ?

https://daystate.com/manuals/Daystat...n-and-LR90.pdf

Or did the MK1 use a different trigger ?

All the best Mick
    Last edited by T 20; 09-09-2023 at 05:19 PM.

Yep, that's the same one
    ATB
    Ken

Yep, that's the same one
    ATB
    Ken
    Cheers Ken.

Same trigger as my Sportsman MK2.

All the best Mick

Daystate Huntsman Mk1

Yep, that's the same one
    ATB
    Ken
    P
    It's the mk2 trigger Ken same as on my chuntsman, check the other small sping inside the cage is in place correctly they are easy to set up if you get stuck pm me.

Optional Upgrade trigger

Brilliant help as always thanks Gentlemen.
    I also found that due to very small sear engagement and the overhang of the fixing plates which hold the pivot pins there was about 1/16 of movement away from the air cylinder once the cocking handle was let go, the hamer spring gave enough pressure to push that plat down and the sear to disengage.
    Thanks of all your replies and help, the gun now works good as gold again.
    ATB Martini
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil