Thread: Falcon FN12 Lighthunter .177 LH / Bolt : General chat etc

Falcon FN12 Lighthunter .177 LH / Bolt : General chat etc

Hi. This is a general chat thread for the Falcon, as described above. Info, wanted items, tips etc. Please join in if this particular model is of interest.

Hi ,
    I have a falcon lighthunter, walnut in .177 great little gun, a throwback to the earlier days of pcps,

Thumbs up It is a beautiful design

Quote Originally Posted by steviebee View Post
    Hi ,
    I have a falcon lighthunter, walnut in .177 great little gun, a throwback to the earlier days of pcps,
    Hi. Indeed I have to concur, it is a beautiful example of a an earlier pcp.

I was very fortunate to find a (not very used) Left Hand version - after months of trying to get a LH bolt rifle, it just popped up in a local gun shop. :😌
    The model I have has the same walnut wood stock, but is a skeletal version, for dedicated left-hand use.

The only item missing is the manual, of which I am searching for. Is there a chance that you know where is the air release nut(?) should I wish to discharge the air for pcp cylinder removal?

Thanks for your comments.

there is no air release
    most just shoot the pressure down but if your handy with tools you can make a degasser to open the non return but i wouldn't recommend as the non return is nylon and could be damaged by forcing it open

I agree, shoot it down, till it's just the hammer spring you can hear, if your going to open it up, pad whatever tool you're using as the brass easily scratches.
    And fit a de-pinger whilst you have access to the air cylinder .
    Left hander that's a rare one? Is it totally left handed, as in it feeds from the left as well

Great guns.

A 25mm torch mount is a good tool for splitting the brass exhaust valve from the cylinder. I have a special tool for removing the brass filler valve, seen far too many butchered brass bits..

on my own valves i often mill flats on the spring seat but an er collet and holder works fine and it is easy to make a clamping tool from wood
    often though the seat is loctited in which can be a pain