Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A t vulcan

A t vulcan

It's only just arrived at my door, yes it's another hassle free import, and I don't have a scope or weaver mount for it, so just first impressions from a short play. Fills with air very neatly with the supplied ARTICULATED swivel whip, shouldn't get any kinks in this one, and its a couple of inches longer than normal. The air cylinder has a rotating cover over the fill port, just rotate to line up the holes and plug in, no hassle. I guess the supplied whip includes an air flow restrictor, it filled slowly to 220 bar, which is all I had in the main tank. The manometer on the front of the cylinder matched the reading of the main tank. Safety is just in front of the trigger, a robust slider, and like most of the gun, easily accessible with the stock removed. There is also a slider on the right, just in front of the magazine, which , when moved rearward, moves a pin through the front of the magazine, and into the rotor, locking it in position. The Magazine (two supplied) is made of some sort of plastic, the rotor is sprung, there is no O ring pellet retainer. Push the pellets into the rotor, and rotate against spring pressure, until you get to the last one , eleven in my case, it's .22. Release the rotor and the spring lightly aligns the first pellet with the barrel, and stops the rotor rotating any further. When the pellet has been fired, and the bolt pulled back, the rotor, now temporarily without a pellet lined up, is spring fed round to the next pellet, where it stops, aligned with the barrel. Beautifully simple, and no indexing or aligning to worry about. The magazine has a notch in the left side near the top, which engages in a substantial metal bar that runs lengthwise along the left top of the breech, the magazine then simply located on the bar and swivelled into position and is held by a sprung ball bearing. Providing the bolt is back, there are no other pins or releases or locks for the magazine. The stock is held on by a long bolt through the pistol grip, and a short one to the forend. With the action exposed the trigger sears can be seen through cut outs, and when adjustments are made, you can see exactly what is happening. During my test shots I never noticed the trigger action, it obviously suited me. First impression, fantastic, light, well designed and built, sturdy, and just love the ambi bolt above the trigger, not hidden under my ear. Another personal favourite is that the magazine is within the profile of the gun, not sticking up above the action
    Last edited by CORKY.; 01-05-2015 at 07:18 PM.
    Pick up your gun, shove a bullet up the spout
    It's the Major Dennis Bloodnok Rock'n' Roll Call Tango

AT VULCAN Part 2

The Vulcan is supplied in a plastic hard case with egg box foam, and four slider catches, it's length suits the 26 inch length of the Vulcan. Inside are two magazines, a selection of O rings, and an air fill adaptor connected to a whip. The manual is in the form of quality glossy paper
    booklet, with good diagrams , computer generated pictures, that look better than photos , and an exploded parts diagram. The moderator simply unscrews, hand tight, revealing the rifled 450mm barrel , which is same length in all calibres. Instructions for changing the bolt from left to right are clear. Unscrew the bolt, if it's tight, remove the O ring on the handle, there is a hidden hole for a tommy bar. Then remove the four screw on each side plate. Swap them over and replace the bolt handle, looks simple. After a lifetime of shooting right handed, with a right bolt, I thought I would give the left bolt a try, it's perfect, it's staying. The Vulcan w/o the scope is easy to hold with my usual right hand on the pistol grip, and using the left bolt is natural. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I will have to wait and see if the addition of a scope upsets the balance and weight. The Vulcan is available in ,177, 13 pellet mag .22, 11 pellet mag, and .25, 9 pellet mag. You get more pellets in the magazine as the calibre decreases. Initial fill pressure is suggested as 250 bar, I have been used to filling to 220, so will probably stick with that, not bothered about shots per fill. Suggested minimum is 90bar for .177, 120 for .22, and 150 for .25. A range of 220/120 will be easy for me to remember, and what I have been using on other rifles. Importantly, the Vulcan comes as standard with a regulator. Whilst I have changed my thinking on barrel length and bullpups, I haven't changed it on barrel rifling, the Vulcan is rifled. Overall weight is 2.9kg. I could not find any advertisements for the Vulcan, nor could I find a UK supplier. Recommendation was word of mouth. Mine came from KRALE in Netherlands, totally hassle free. Packed in supplied hard case, inside a cardboard box, inside a cardboard sleeve, inside a further cardboard box. I am not really computer literate, and could not send email ID, I posted it, for £1. I had to go to my bank for the bank transfer, they charged me £10 for that and currency conversion. I think KRALE accept debit cards, and I have heard.. credit cards. Delivery ( yes delivery to my door) was only 13.50 Euros. TOTAL cost £1,114. KRALE website and ordering form has an English version, and if you need to phone, they speak perfect English. Don't forget, when comparing prices with other bullpups, the Vulcan comes with hard case and useful extras. I remain impressed with the design , value and quality of the Vulcan. Roll on the arrival of a 'scope, and some real testing. As I wrote earlier, I am not a computer whizz, so haven't learned links yet but there is a non English video or two from Sniperqty
    Pick up your gun, shove a bullet up the spout
    It's the Major Dennis Bloodnok Rock'n' Roll Call Tango

evenbad Guest
    Have seen and shot the VULCAN superb looking Bullpup, walnut stock and so easy to the shoulder. Tried it on paper targets out to 35 Metres and punching tight cloverleaf holes.
    If anyone is contemplating a Bullpup air rifle the certainly wouldn't be disappointed.
    Also bought my Steyr Hunting 5 Scout S/A .177 from Kralle in NL, simple procedure follow online instructions 3 options on paying and delivered full tracked to my door [ 4 Days]
    Enjoy your Vulcans as think you will be satisfied with a top notch bullpup.

Have to admit had never seen one until I read your assesment/review. I googled it and I like the look of that.

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    Have to admit had never seen one until I read your assesment/review. I googled it and I like the look of that.
    Likewise. I thought for a second this would be a review of the 1970s Webley! That does have a nice look to it and I like the left-hand bolt. Proves again that the Czechs make (a) good guns, (b) interesting guns and (c) good, interesting guns. If I wanted a bullpup PCP, that would top my list.

Verminator 66 is offline I Will Never Find Another Ewe

Yes got to say when Mine turned up was over the moon
    Have done a few mods to it as the bolt was small so put a bigger one on it
    but as for shooting its a dream and being you can change the bolt from Left to Right, thats a big plus for me
    think all was said in the OP's section

Another one Tell can test in Agw against the FX and the Daystate in AGW, what you think guys lets have a real test on all the bull-pups,

Quote Originally Posted by fatttmannn View Post
    Another one Tell can test in Agw against the FX and the Daystate in AGW, what you think guys lets have a real test on all the bull-pups,
    when was the last time you read a bad review in and magazine

I have used
    Ripley
    FX
    Daystate
    Cricket
    Edgun
    Vulcan
    Rapid
    Plus a few others all in PuP form
    and I would always say the same what suits one person might not suite another

Exactly Darren what suits one may not suit another this as been well proven Vulcan do look great tho enjoy lads very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Verminator 66 View Post
    when was the last time you read a bad review in and magazine

I have used
    Ripley
    FX
    Daystate
    Cricket
    Edgun
    Vulcan
    Rapid
    Plus a few others all in PuP form
    and I would always say the same what suits one person might not suite another
    No I cant argue on that but I still think it would be intresting to see ALL and I maean All Bullpups tested and then we can make a decision ourselves. I never base any purchase of any rifle on a review, I may use it has a starting point but it never is my decideer. Yes people do vary, we all have our own likes /dislikes prejudices in evreything be they guns, cars, girls etc thats what makes us unique. Hell I dont want to be like evreyone else, screw that
    for an idea.

Hi there
    It does have a nice look to it
    And as stated previously each to there own
    BUT reviews can be very helpful to some folk like myself as i had springers since i was 14, 30 years ago
    And have had no experience with pcp bulpup etc
    Im looking to buy a new rifle and reviews help not so much the persons personal apeal to the rifle but any faults or common faults they point out or good points like in this review the mention of the bolt can be changed from left to right
    Without good reviews like this one we would be stuck to the bias ones in magazines who are influenced to make the reviews onesided

Thanks corky for your time to make the post

Daz

Quote Originally Posted by weetabixears View Post
    Hi there
    It does have a nice look to it
    And as stated previously each to there own
    BUT reviews can be very helpful to some folk like myself as i had springers since i was 14, 30 years ago
    And have had no experience with pcp bulpup etc
    Im looking to buy a new rifle and reviews help not so much the persons personal apeal to the rifle but any faults or common faults they point out or good points like in this review the mention of the bolt can be changed from left to right
    Without good reviews like this one we would be stuck to the bias ones in magazines who are influenced to make the reviews onesided

Thanks corky for your time to make the post

Daz
    yes that's what swung it for me as the bolt was a amie
    and is easy to change over
    this is a lovely handling short bullpup

It's light
    Its short
    So really fast to find the target
    mag is a Drem
    just fill up like a rapid or daystate
    then just place on the bar and it drops into Place, really sweet

nice review, out of stock atm on Krale site - is it loud, can you add a 1/2unf silencer?

nice review

can you let us know how it shoots

Quote Originally Posted by j rayner View Post
    can you let us know how it shoots
    It shoots 100%
    One of the best bullpup rifles I have shot
    got plenty going for it in all ways
    lighter than most pups as well