Thread: Air Arms S410 Carbine Review : A very nice rifle, perfect for all including beginners

Air Arms S410 Carbine Review : A very nice rifle, perfect for all including beginners

Many thanks to a fellow subscriber for loaning me this rifle. I had always wanted to try one out and I got my chance recently.

Here is my usual unbiased and un sponsored review on the rifle and I must say, I can see why it is so popular. The only niggles I had with it are tiny and I would seriously recommend this rifle to new comers and experienced shooters out there.

Linky is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ9uOHsle4g

Hope you like.
    Airgun Catanonia Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCks...znYSNo1mMXb-MQ : Fully unsponsored and unbiased reviews / videos

From another forum for those wondering about the comments I made in the video

1. You should be getting more than 70 shots in .22 before you notice a drop off in POI. My own .22 carbine gets 98 shots within 20 fps and shows no noticeable drop off at say 25 yards. If the power curve is pronounced then it probably needs a new exhaust valve...my own did and it sure flattens the curve fitting a new one.

2. If it's really that stiff to cock then it needs a hammer/rail clean and polish. Best to pull the bolt nearer the probe also as it puts less side loading on the bolt. All 3 of mine are pretty slick to cock! Still have to be positive to avoid double loading although you will only do this once or twice!

As it's an old rifle you reviewed the above is typical of the age. With no anti-tamper in place servicing is straight forward though.
    Airgun Catanonia Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCks...znYSNo1mMXb-MQ : Fully unsponsored and unbiased reviews / videos

98 shots seems a hell of a lot for a Un regged 400k in .22.Your 70 seems much more like it. I get 45 to 50 in .177. Having said that the chap was only shooting at 25 yards so maybe he doesn't notice drop off at that range. But I would definitely be happy with 70 shots and imo that's about right.

had one. sooner take the superstar if i was rabbiting.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    98 shots seems a hell of a lot for a Un regged 400k in .22.Your 70 seems much more like it. I get 45 to 50 in .177. Having said that the chap was only shooting at 25 yards so maybe he doesn't notice drop off at that range. But I would definitely be happy with 70 shots and imo that's about right.
    Mine is about 65. I have fallen for these sort of claims in the past with my HW 100 KT. Some people were claiming 6 full magazines from the 100cc bottle. You do the maths if you wish but it was just not possible at any reasonable power level, yes at 10.2 ft.lbs perhaps 5 full mags but never 6.
    The same goes with the AA, I think 70 is a reasonable shot cout. The S400 is a very simple rifle and the only three variables are the hammer spring, the valve spring and the position of the power adjuster (AT) grub screw. If the pot is set to the standard lenght then the guns are more or less similar in the number of shots they return as the final power adjustment is done by the grub screw and then the security torx screw is broken off. The size of TP does make a difference if the gun is regulated as it allows the gun to work at a lower pressure so it uses less air and the shot count gors up. But I'd be happy with 70 and would leave the gun alone.

A.G