Thread: Check out this unusual Westley Richards

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Cleaned out all the dried up grease and relubed it.
    Did you reblue it?

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Did you reblue it?
    ?? In the quote I relubed the piston and spring? I bought it reblued, professionally done by someone who knew what they were doing. I would assume Beeman had it done, I think many older collectors tended to not have as many issues about refinishing? I know Ingvar Alm refinished.
    Last edited by 45flint; 27-10-2023 at 10:53 PM.

?? In the quote I relubed the piston and spring? I bought it reblued, professionally done by someone who knew what they were doing. I would assume Beeman had it done, I think many older collectors tended to not have as many issues about refinishing? I know Ingvar Alm refinished.
    Ok, wasn’t clear from your post.
    Awesome variation on the H.P, glad it was acquired by a forum member.,

Cheers,
    Matt

New breech seal, shooting some air out the barrel now. Doubt the fps will set any records but it’s working. Just put a hole in paper with quite a pop! Never thought it would shoot when I got it.

Last edited by 45flint; 28-10-2023 at 01:27 AM.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Yes it is great to get a old airgun working again.

Hard to believe that no one noticed the difference in barrel length, but then again I didn’t and I have been looking at it for a week!

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    An interesting observation, and there was certainly some known variation in barrel lengths. Your longer barrel gun does seem to fall at the extreme end of known range of lengths, and as such is in a minority.
    Last edited by ccdjg; 29-10-2023 at 10:48 PM.

More observations for you Steve: In the pic where you show the grips on #45 are fatter, the frame looks slightly thicker plus the breach release lever is straight, not curved.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    More observations for you Steve: In the pic where you show the grips on #45 are fatter, the frame looks slightly thicker plus the breach release lever is straight, not curved.

All observations are correct. I really like the straight lever. The paddle at the end of the lever does not interfere at all if you are left handed. Looks cleaner as well. As you predicted I am falling in love with each pistols variations but ironically this is becoming my favorite even if refinished and not very powerful. Just a great feel as you grip. All three of my other WR have identical length barrels.

Last edited by 45flint; 29-10-2023 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    An interesting observation, and there was certainly some known variation in barrel lengths. Your longer barrel gun does seem to fall at the extreme end of known range of lengths, and as such is in a minority.
    Barrel length is exactly 10 inches.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Barrel length is exactly 10 inches.
    Extremely interesting, as the longest barrel previously recorded was 9.75 inches. So given the deliberately extended barrel, it does look pretty certain that the sight was an original factory addition. Coupled with the exceptional original grip plates, this means IMO that you have a unique WR variant. Congratulations Steve!