Thread: mfr leaking air (when bottle on rifle)

mfr leaking air (when bottle on rifle)

hi all

looking for some advice please,i have 177 mfr that for no apparent reason has started to leak air so what do you do you go on to the bbs to find the answer. done a search and found a few options and tryed them but it still leaks i can fill the rifle to 200bar and the next morning it is totaly empty this does not happen when i store the bottle off the rifle only when on.
    i would also like to fix this myself as i have no cash to send it to theoben so any suggestions please give instructions diagrams if poss and if that sounds a bit thick thats just me.

thanks all

del

kevG Guest
    remove action from stock,put spit around were bottle joines regulator,if it leaks here,you need oring that seals the reg to the bottle,also try the small hole on the reg,this hole is on the reg were it joines the action,if you get a leak here you need new regulator piston orings.there are a few places they can spring a leak,its a case of seak and find.

kevG

cheers kev i will give it ago and let you know how i get on

del

to the top

VarminterUSA Guest
    Next is a bend valve stem. Have you tried storing your Rapid with a balloon over the muzzle. If it inflates you are losing air though the main valve. You need to check to see if the valve-stem is bent or there might be a defect in the seating area of the valve-stem and the valve body!

Good Luck

Stuart

kevG Guest
    if its a 12 ftlb er i can not see it being a bent stem,could be debris or scrached stem sealing face,or even valve sealing face,have you checked the valve blanking plug for leaks,this sits just above the reg body.
    kevG