Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is classed as collectable in Bsa

What is classed as collectable in Bsa

A question that's been asked numbers of times,which are more collectable within the BSA brand,early bsa,s or from the 60,s say a meteor or an airsporter,from the 70,,s the mercury in any form the S or the challenger or lightning.the list goes on.What are the collectables.
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

Any and all are collectable.

It is entirely up to the individual.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I suppose as John said, all are. Personally I may stop the collectible bracket at from when Gamo took over. Not saying that I don’t necessarily like post-pre-Gamo guns (I have quite a few BSAs of all ages now, including the more recent R10, Meteor Evo etc), but like post-2006 Webley, I don’t see them as collectible. Yet, anyway.

sparko is offline One of Tiger Woods' lovers...
    Anything and everything you find beauty in … With air rifles for myself, it’s anything BSA up to the Mk2 Airsporter … This of course can be an age thing👍
    Not sure where I`m going.....But I`ll get there someday

Vs2000....
    Ex- Field airgun fella @ www.hprpc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by scgevans View Post
    Vs2000....
    Has anybody got one?

Thumbs up

Hi

There's Pre war quarter stocked BSA rifles, Airsporters, Cadet/Major, Merlin, Buccaneer, Early Meteors, The pre WW2 break barrel rifle, Mercury possibly And the lovely Superstar.Goldstar rifles(?)

Some of the Supersports were rather nice too

As for pistols, I think there's only the Scorpion and 240 Magnums!

By the way, I think it was early in the 20th century when BSA prototyped a pop out rifle, It didn't make it to production but a friend of mine serviced one for someone that had a prototype, It was in one of the airgun mags!, It may be a bit of a job to find another one!!

There's most likely others that have slipped my memory too!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Vs2000....
    Not really collectable because only possibly 10 ever existed and all must be considered prototypes. Well unless you collect prototypes

Collectable? Whatever you fancy and keep for a while.

What is fashionable in the air rifle collectors market is a much bigger question.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Not really collectable because only possibly 10 ever existed and all must be considered prototypes. Well unless you collect prototypes

Collectable? Whatever you fancy and keep for a while.

What is fashionable in the air rifle collectors market is a much bigger question.
    Fair enough...i'll have another go then...

Stutzen Airsporter .25 tap loader - i think they exist (not the RB2 coz as Shed Tuner proved they are not great to shoot)

Or simply a decent Mercury Challenger - or even an 'S' Mercury or Airsporter...in good nick (and with the front sight hood)

I have had and sold (doh) most of the 'modern' BSA collectibles incl Firebird, Spitfire PCPs, 635 Magnum, .25 Cobra Strike, Goldstar .177, RB2 Airsporter, 240 Magnum and even an Airsporter Centenary with most of the bits... (double doh), probably my most collectible one left is the Superstar .177 which i think was a Theoben special, Gas Ram with blacked action and thumbhole stock - I only bought it for the stock for another SFS tuned Superstar so i had the action tuned again by SFS, who took the gas ram out and replaced it with a spring to make it shoot straight - it does now .....but triple Doh as i didnt get the gas ram back.

Currently on the lookout for a Supersport Custom or Lightning with the factory camo i think it was full dip not just the stock, or even the walnut dipped stock Lighting Custom....or am i now just making stuff up???

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Years back I had a yearning for BSA Carbines and managed to own a Supersport carbine .22, a Superstar carbine .177 and an Airsporter RB2 carbine .22 the latter I still have.
    Did BSA ever produce the Challenger as a carbine, I seem to think they did ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Years back I had a yearning for BSA Carbines and managed to own a Supersport carbine .22, a Superstar carbine .177 and an Airsporter RB2 carbine .22 the latter I still have.
    Did BSA ever produce the Challenger as a carbine, I seem to think they did ?
    Apparently...https://timdysonairguns.co.uk/produc...fle-sn-pw-496/

And then I find this...literally never seen one for sale ! https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...d-b05b010445fa

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    And then I find this...literally never seen one for sale ! https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...d-b05b010445fa
    looks like that magazine has some chambers open / broken off ? That must affect the (already crazy) price ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    looks like that magazine has some chambers open / broken off ? That must affect the (already crazy) price ?

Quite. Well you'd think so wouldn't you? Some odd wonky hacksaw cuts too - and is that supposed to be knurling ? I wonder what it's history really is..

Atb,
    Mark

Basically anything made in Birmingham, not the Spanish tat, another vote for the supersport custom, my rarest Bsa is a Airsporter S carbine, (not the airsporter carbine), but a S variant in carbine form, I know of only 3 others, and never seen an advert for them.