Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is classed as collectable in Bsa

What is classed as collectable in Bsa

Quote Originally Posted by scgevans View Post
    Fair enough...i'll have another go then...

Stutzen Airsporter .25 tap loader - i think they exist (not the RB2 coz as Shed Tuner proved they are not great to shoot)

Or simply a decent Mercury Challenger - or even an 'S' Mercury or Airsporter...in good nick (and with the front sight hood)

I have had and sold (doh) most of the 'modern' BSA collectibles incl Firebird, Spitfire PCPs, 635 Magnum, .25 Cobra Strike, Goldstar .177, RB2 Airsporter, 240 Magnum and even an Airsporter Centenary with most of the bits... (double doh), probably my most collectible one left is the Superstar .177 which i think was a Theoben special, Gas Ram with blacked action and thumbhole stock - I only bought it for the stock for another SFS tuned Superstar so i had the action tuned again by SFS, who took the gas ram out and replaced it with a spring to make it shoot straight - it does now .....but triple Doh as i didnt get the gas ram back.

Currently on the lookout for a Supersport Custom or Lightning with the factory camo i think it was full dip not just the stock, or even the walnut dipped stock Lighting Custom....or am i now just making stuff up???
    Got to disagree about the RB airsporters, my carbine was the best most accurate airsporter I ever shot by far & the only one that made full power easily to boot. In fact i had to put the old mainspring back in to get it below 12ft/lbs after I wound out the transfer port restrictor allen screw in the RB on them. Tbh all the other airsporters I've shot were dissapointing tbh.

I collect Meteors- does that make them collectable??
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by scgevans View Post
    Thanks for the heads up.

A rather tasty prototype. Warrant the price? Sure for those addicted to BSAs. Even broken, unfinished prototype, then could double that price, more????
    The VS2000 deluxe, might only be one ever made. It shows the potential, and by all accounts a good looking rifle. But it never went into production. How much for the BSA parts bin of rifles that never got into production?

What price a one off? A custom hand built rifle with superb wood and silky action might justify £5k. A Match 1, scratch custom. Or just buy a Air Arms, and spend the change on something else?

Whatever, floats your boat. Certainly there are some rare BSAs and plenty of followers of that make. I have had a few and most of the main culprits. They all shot like a BSA, so fun but never pin point perfect. S types, Centenary, Challenger, plus a few in between are all quite hard to find anyhow.
    I'd be the last to stop anyone collecting and enjoying any of them. I like the BSAs that point and shoot well, no scope necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Only those out of this planet
    I just like watching those

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Definitely. The Meteor was a right of passage for many of us.

I consider my boxed Mk1 and Mk2s prized possessions.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.