Thread: Wood Grips & Webleys.

Wood Grips & Webleys.

What a pity Webley didn’t continue fitting wood grips to their air pistols after the early Mk1s. I understand the cost implications, but I think they transform the appearance of the pistols as befits the manufacturer of quality products such as Webley purported to be.
    Those examples exported the USA and distributed by Stoeger were fitted with nice wood grips and I believe Beeman sold some aftermarket wood grips for the Tempest. Although obviously not original, I added wood grips to a few of my Webley pistols and stored the original Bakelite ones away should I ever want to return them to their original state. Apart from looking nicer, the Tempest grips fit better in the hand thus improving the handling when shooting the pistol.

Brian

they do look nice .....love the junior ones

They look nicer than the originals

very nice and tasteful,something you could have a go at yourself if you're a bit handy.nice touch on the junior with the mk1 medallion.

As an aside, if Webley had continued with wood grips we wouldn't have had to put up with all those so easily chipped grip plates often damaged when removing or replacing them

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 04-10-2023 at 07:26 PM.