Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Straight-Grip Webley Air Pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post

The Stoeger Straight Grip is just the most attractive Webley pistol ever made given the checkered wood grips. The plastic grips on the slant grip just sink it in my opinion? Also it is my most hard hitting Webley. I believe I read that this is because of the piston in this model?

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    I think the continuance of the early use of wood grips on the Straight Grip Senior similar to those fitted to the Stoeger export models would have made it even more attractive.
    Brian
    I totally agree, but l would have thought it was all down to cost to have them made at the time. but it would have been nice if they had given you the choice to pay extra for them.

As much as I like the wooden export grips, I also like the vulcanite grips with the W&S monogram. They have that retro 1930s look of quality about them.
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    As much as I like the wooden export grips, I also like the vulcanite grips with the W&S monogram. They have that retro 1930s look of quality about them.
    Am I right in thinking that wood grips could be obtained at extra cost from Webley when ordering.

Brian