Thread: Webley Supertarget and Model D

Webley Supertarget and Model D

I had some building work done recently and the builder also a friend said “I have two old air rifles I want to sell”, he didn’t know what they was. I have heard this many times before and the gun/guns are usually nothing that interests me. On this occasion I was very happy when he bought me a 1969 Webley Mk3 Supertarget and a 1905 BSA .177 Model D �� a deal was done and they are now in collection. They both shoot great ��
    Last edited by Graybloke; 07-10-2023 at 08:29 PM.

Evening Graybloke. I see that’s your first post here, so welcome. Those guns are both very good so it’s nice to see that they’ll finally be getting some use. Enjoy.

Thank you I have been a member long enough it is about time i submitted some posts 👍

Thanks yes they shoot great 👍

The BSA Improved Mod D is the most forgiving spring powered air rifle I own seeming to compensate for my frequent errors and still keeping the groups respectable.

Brian

Hello Greybloke,

Congratulations on your "new" air rifles. Both great guns !

1905 is too early for the Improved model D, which didnt come out until late 1907. The Imp D started in the 18,000 serial number range.

What is the serial number of your rifle, as that should help dating and exact model identification.

Lakey