Thread: Pardini owners

Pardini owners

Anybody own both a K12 and a K58 ?
    Im just wondering how the triggers compare.

IMHO the Pardini K12 and Pardini K12 Junior have got the best engineered and the best "feeling" trigger of any of the match air pistols that have mechanical triggers.

I do not remember too much about the K58 as I didnt keep it that long, but my Pardini P10 has been with me a long time, and that has got a fairly good trigger - maybe not so different to the K58.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Thanks, i have been shooting a Steyr LP10 for a long time and have always been quite happy with it.
    The standard Steyr grip doesn't work for me and i play around with that from time to time, i always felt the grip was holding me back a little but i just started shooting a K58 and im shooting better with it than my Steyr, now im thinking its the trigger making the difference.
    My K58 has a Rink grip which fits well but has a 7° offset that doesn't suit me but even with that im shooting it better than the LP10.
    I have a new Pardini rimfire and the trigger is hands down the best trigger i have ever used, its very similar to the K58 so i was hoping the K12 has a similar feel to it.
    I don't really want to change guns so i will play around with the Steyr trigger for a while but if and when the time comes i think a K12 will be the way to go.

Having shot the P10 And K58 and my main competition pistol is the K12, here is what I think but it is only words and cannot properly describe the feeling, also I've worked on the P10, K58 and K12 so all the triggers have been adjusted to my preference.
    P10 trigger just a little mushy but a smooth release, trigger mech old fashioned, K58 trigger better and the start of the cascade lever mechanism, trigger blade not changeable or movable, release sharp and a reasonable two stage setup can be achieved. K12 superb highly customisable trigger setup it will perform as you want it, super release with lightness and no mechanical clunking, when you remove the grip it is completely clear to anyone how the system works so this allows you to tune it to perfection for whatever suits you. Be aware temperature changes mechanical triggers and today I had to re adjust the sear on mine just before a competition and recheck the lift weight as suddenly the sear would not engage, and yes I do have my sears fine. Try a K12 and see if it talks to you.

Thank you, i think there are two versions of the K58's, i believe mine is a more recent version, there is adjustment of the trigger blade, it is a similar / same design as the modern Pardini rimfire trigger blade.

You are correct, interesting to see it is the same as the K12, it is a cunning trigger blade and I like it a lot as it allows you to place your finger where you like without trying to constrain it. The same reason why I like the Putter trigger.
    The next change they made was to get rid of the lever for compressing and just put a PCP cylinder on the thing, if you have the instruction book you may find it shows this version. If only there was better tech cover here we would see more K12's on the firing line at competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidboy1 View Post
    Thank you, i think there are two versions of the K58's, i believe mine is a more recent version, there is adjustment of the trigger blade, it is a similar / same design as the modern Pardini rimfire trigger blade.

Any chance you could show a photo of the K58 without the grip on? I am curious as to whether a Rink grip for the K58 could be modified to fit a P10, which Rink do not make a grip for.

I spoke with Thomas last week, my grip is an older model, it will fit only the K10 and K58, the latest version will fit more models.
    I ordered a replacement grip and apparently it will fit my K58 and also K12, K10, K2, K2s, K60

My original Rink grip is made from two pieces of wood so it looks like the rout was made and then joined together.

Hope these help, if you need anything else just ask

Last edited by rapidboy1; 18-10-2023 at 10:12 PM.

Thanks very much, I appreciate you posting these!