Thread: USA Imported Webley Airguns.

USA Imported Webley Airguns.

Stumbled upon this advert for the Webley Mk1 from a USA importer and wondered how many importers apart from Stoeger who I have heard of imported Webley products.

Brian

Great articles that pretty much has all the story: had to post before John does. Lol

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....ng-to-america/

I have managed to collect a Hoffman and all the Stoegers except one, the slant grip Senior.
    Last edited by 45flint; 11-10-2023 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Great articles that pretty much has all the story: had to post before John does. Lol

I have managed to collect a Hoffman and all the Stoegers except one, the slant grip Senior.
    Thanks for sharing the fascinating link to the articles documenting the exporting of Webley products to the states.
    Having now read all three articles hosted on Danny’s site I have a much better idea of the complexity and difficulties the export market to the USA entailed.
    I have always held the perception that the best of Webley output was reserved for export with the run of the mill products confined to the home market.
    The addition of those nice wood grips on the Stoeger pistols always fills me with envy.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post

Beat me to it!

Yup, Hoffman were the initial importers and I'm pleased to own a Mk2 Target with the Export grips that was originally distributed by Hoffman, albeit it is not marked as such.
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Thanks for sharing the fascinating link to the articles documenting the exporting of Webley products to the states.
    Having now read all three articles hosted on Danny’s site I have a much better idea of the complexity and difficulties the export market to the USA entailed.
    I have always held the perception that the best of Webley output was reserved for export with the run of the mill products confined to the home market.
    The addition of those nice wood grips on the Stoeger pistols always fills me with envy.

Brian
    Brian,
    It sounds like you're pining for a Stoeger or Hoffman with export grips!

I hope you're well.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Brian,
    It sounds like you're pining for a Stoeger or Hoffman with export grips!

I hope you're well.

John
    I’m fine thanks John and hope both you and Josie are keeping well. I must have missed your articles on the Webley / USA connection in AGW so was pleased that Danny had hosted them on his excellent site.
    The wood grips always get me, so I wondered if I could have ordered a set from Webley along with the pistol here in the UK back then.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    I’m fine thanks John and hope both you and Josie are keeping well. I must have missed your articles on the Webley / USA connection in AGW so was pleased that Danny had hosted them on his excellent site.
    The wood grips always get me, so I wondered if I could have ordered a set from Webley along with the pistol here in the UK back then.

Brian
    We're fine thanks Brian.

I've never seen the wood export grips listed as a U.K. option but Stoegers and Hoffmans do occasionally crop up.

John