After some lousy weather and a weeks holiday I finally got to try my new pp800r this week.

Zeroed it in from 30ft with a red dot that is fitted and then shot a few targets. It’s very accurate!

Rested, it’s grouping in half inch groups but I really bought it for non-rested target work and, unfortunately, I’m finding it a bit front heavy for that purpose. I also found the stock very bulky…but I don’t have particularly big hands, so others might be ok with it.

After mulling it over I decided to purchase the fixed sporter stock from Bob Pattenden and use it as a carbine. Not exactly the initial plan but it should provide a more stable platform without having to use a rest.

On the refill front….as it is my first pcp and has a relatively small air capacity I decided to initially try a manual pump, and purchased one from Amazon. It worked extremely well for this pistol…about 3 minutes to go from amber to the top of green (200bar) and not difficult at all. Filling a larger capacity gun would, I imagine, be a very different proposition!

I’ll post an update when I get the new stock….

Don’t see a way of adding a pic? Just me? Have I missed it somewhere or can that not be done?

Cheers
Geoff