Thread: Skan 32

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by rsrjerry View Post
    I can’t see on this thread how to upload any photos I’m afraid ?
    You have to host photos on an external site like flikr or imgur, and then link to it.
    Good deals with these members

BTW here is a link to the (rather basic) manual:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Ta...ew?usp=sharing

You can still get pellet probe o-rings on the bay. Don't think anyone is offficially supplying spares though.

Photos

Hope this link works ?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1Zxr3sm

Yes that's a mini M32 (poss. R32), the mk before mine, so the manual will be relevant and it will use the same fill adaptor.
    Last edited by eyebull; 13-10-2023 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rsrjerry View Post
    Hope this link works ?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1Zxr3sm
    Hi jerry.that gun will cost you a good £350-£400 to sort out. Last time I priced getting a fill adapter made I was priced £120. The magazines go for £100-£150 second-hand. Looking at the pics you are also missing the magazine holder on the gun and that's going to cost a fortune to get made plus who is going to lend you a non existent part to be measured up it to be pattened.

Turns out the Superten and Rapid fill adaptors are one and the same. For £15 from Best Fittings this is definitely worth a try. Mike Childs wasn't having bottles made from scratch, just like he wasn't making his own barrels, it was an off the shelf part.

If anyone has a superten or rapid and can measure the thread on the bottle, I can compare it to my Skan.
    Last edited by eyebull; 19-10-2023 at 08:31 AM.

I was once told that Colin g on here is the go to man for Skan rifles knowledge.

No,,,, The fill adapters are totally different, Mike made his own design but I have them copied from the ones i have with my rifles, No luck with the mags though as i only have half a dozen spare mags myself, Did try a printed one but one mis-cock and it exploded. (Fractured in multiple places) If you dont already have a working Skan then sometimes they are not worth repairing unless its for yourself, Around £200 for the standard cylinder, Around £100 per valve and easily the same again for a 2nd hand mag, I Think the fill adapters are around £50 to have made. Before you purchase any of that lot its worth looking down the inside where the cylinder goes to make sure the hammer pin is still inside the rifle, Usually when you dry fire it without the cylinder or bottle on it will pop out. Its a serviceable part and is made to do that. Skan R32 mag on that auction site went for £250 just before last Xmas so not cheap even 2nd hand.
    I can help in most cases but cant work miracles without seeing the rifle.. Col.