Thread: Lead ban & Muzzleloaders

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm assuming we did all respond to the consultation and made all these points at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by steve medlock View Post
    I'm assuming we did all respond to the consultation and made all these points at the time?
    Well I did, yes.

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    I did too, but when only 3000 shooters reply to the consultation it isnt enough. All we can do now is reply to the Hse consultation & see what happens.

angrybear started a thread a week or so ago, I have not read the full report (Its massive) as i am no longer a powder burner but it may hopefully have some mention or answer in the report for you. Col.
    https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...for-a-lead-ban

There’s nothing obvious on the website about their (mlagb) stated position, but there may be in forums. Whilst they did respond to the HSE and are mentioned in the report, it’s more to do with estimated usage, what the competition regs allow and mentioning of alternatives, plus technicalities for lead swaging into ml revolver cylinders and the associated safety. I also saw the report the day it was published by the HSE, but you don’t get to see the submissions from individual organisations. Safe to say the likes of the WWT were still very much pushing for a lead airgun pellet ban, by virtue of the fact non-toxic pellets are available (so ignoring the issues re performance, power and ricochet other shooting organisations and red squirrel protection group specifically bought up).

I have sent my views to my local M.P. I even had a typical non-committal reply but I am still concerned. Just out of interest I have tried a lead free alternative (Bismuth/Tin) but apart from being fiercely expensive compared to straight lead it worked okay. Not that I would want to go down that road...