Thread: Is loading without looking important to you? … and pistol shortlist comments.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    [QUOTE=Itskeith;8260198]Hello everyone.

I'm curious who loads 10m Air Pistol without looking and have seen this mentioned in a couple of threads.

And does this help with a ‘meditative state’ when shooting?

The reason I ask is that:

- I have been shooting .22LR Benchrest for a few months and not looking whilst reloading has greatly helped with my position / stability and improved my scores by at least a couple of points.

I'm sorry Kieth, that is BS!!!

Loading an airgun with out looking, is asking for a problem, putting a pellet in backwards never ends well!

As for your .22lr Benchrest, you are new, you will improve!

You don't want to be in a "meditive state", you need to concentrate 100% on what you are doing to the exclusion of all else, and loading is part of it.

Welcome to the sport, and buying your own kit is a great part of it, don't rush, try as much as you can, and find what suits you as they can be very personal, and decide on your own preferences. PS, Don't exclude the LP1, a great pistol.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

[QUOTE=RobinC;8260254]
    Quote Originally Posted by Itskeith View Post
    Hello everyone.

I'm curious who loads 10m Air Pistol without looking and have seen this mentioned in a couple of threads.

And does this help with a ‘meditative state’ when shooting?

The reason I ask is that:

- "I have been shooting .22LR Benchrest for a few months and not looking whilst reloading has greatly helped with my position / stability and improved my scores by at least a couple of points."

I'm sorry Kieth, that is BS!!!

Loading an airgun without looking, is asking for a problem, putting a pellet in backwards never ends well!

As for your .22lr Benchrest, you are new, you will improve!

You don't want to be in a "meditive state", you need to concentrate 100% on what you are doing to the exclusion of all else, and loading is part of it.

Welcome to the sport, and buying your own kit is a great part of it, don't rush, try as much as you can, and find what suits you as they can be very personal, and decide on your own preferences. PS, Don't exclude the LP1, a great pistol.

Have Fun
    Robin

Absolutely right Robin,

Its not unknown for me to insert a pellet in my match rifle (or pistol) the wrong way around when I am looking (not very often - but it can happen) - so what are the chances of success when I am not looking

Stay safe,

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.