Hello everyone.

I'm curious who loads 10m Air Pistol without looking and have seen this mentioned in a couple of threads.

And does this help with a ‘meditative state’ when shooting?

The reason I ask is that:

- I have been shooting .22LR Benchrest for a few months and not looking whilst reloading has greatly helped with my position / stability and improved my scores by at least a couple of points.

- I have had an air pistol introduction lesson which I really enjoyed and am looking to join a club (after moving house / county in a few weeks) and want to help create a short list of pistols to try. I understand that finding one with the best fit / feel is critical, but I thought a few questions here may help me whittle down the shortlist.

My current shortlist of early / low cost and popular (easy to resell later if needed) PCP’s 10m Air match pistols, with top loading trays appears to be:

Morini CM162
Walther LP300 / LP400
Pardini K10
FWB P44

This would of course rule out Steyr LP1 / LP1p’s, which I guess you do need to look at whilst loading!
Though I’m guessing from the performance of top shooters with Steyr pistols that this is not a problem for them!

Also, I have read lots of recommendations for the great servicing availability of Morini and Steyr pistols in the UK.

Are parts and servicing also easily available for the Walther LP300 / LP400 / Pardini K10 and FWB P44?
Or for this reason would you delete any of these off your shortlist?

Some specific model questions:
Would you avoid the early Morini CM162E’s due to battery availability?

Is a Walther LP300 plenty good enough for a beginner to learn with, or would any LP400 users (who used to own an LP300) recommend, waiting - saving up and paying the extra for an LP400?

Any thoughts and comments would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
Keith