Thread: Looking for a BSA foresight

Looking for a BSA foresight

Good afternoon, I'm wondering if anyone would happen to have a Prewar BSA Standard foresight that they would be happy to part with? Specifically it's for a nice c.1924 Club Standard that I've recently got. It came with a homemade foresight which I'd like to replace with the correct one.

I thought I'd have more luck here than in the wanted section, with so many BSA enthusiasts!

Thanks,

Callum

Quote Originally Posted by callumej View Post
    Good afternoon, I'm wondering if anyone would happen to have a Prewar BSA Standard foresight that they would be happy to part with? Specifically it's for a nice c.1924 Club Standard that I've recently got. It came with a homemade foresight which I'd like to replace with the correct one.

I thought I'd have more luck here than in the wanted section, with so many BSA enthusiasts!

Thanks,

Callum

Tunnel foresights wasn't original to the air rifles but BSA & Parker Hale did sell them for target & sporting rifles & the dovetail mounts for the PH FS22 & BSA No.20 foresight would fit onto the pre war air rifles to which many air rifle owners added these as an extra to help improve accuracy
    Last edited by Lee5159; 20-10-2023 at 09:23 AM.

Thanks,

Callum
    What do you call the correct one ? BSA supplied several different foresights for these guns and any could be fitted from the factory or replaced to the owners taste. They also came in different heights to suit calibre/model
    Why do you think yours is home made and explain which one you want please?

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    What do you call the correct one ? BSA supplied several different foresights for these guns and any could be fitted from the factory or replaced to the owners taste. They also came in different heights to suit calibre/model
    Why do you think yours is home made and explain which one you want please?
    Looking in John's book, I believe rifles of this age came with a tall bead foresight as standard - about 15mm measured from the bottom of the dovetail, if it's the same as an S prefix I've measured. The one it came with has been roughly made with a file and is asymmetrical, so definitely not a factory option.
    Thanks.

Looking in John's book, I believe rifles of this age came with a tall bead foresight as standard - about 15mm measured from the bottom of the dovetail, if it's the same as an S prefix I've measured. The one it came with has been roughly made with a file and is asymmetrical, so definitely not a factory option.
    Thanks.
    They came with a beaded foresight as standard but could be ordered with a post, barleycorn or target type as well. I have seen people want to swop these for a beaded type thinking the sight is incorrect.
    If yours has a rough , filed , filed sight, then it probably is incorrect. John Knibbs used to keep them in stock, have you tried them? If no success there, try Protek Supplies. Good luck with the search, sights are not the easiest thing to find.

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    They came with a beaded foresight as standard but could be ordered with a post, barleycorn or target type as well. I have seen people want to swop these for a beaded type thinking the sight is incorrect.
    If yours has a rough , filed , filed sight, then it probably is incorrect. John Knibbs used to keep them in stock, have you tried them? If no success there, try Protek Supplies. Good luck with the search, sights are not the easiest thing to find.
    Thank you, I didn’t think about the other options - if I manage to find one of these, they would be fine too then. I’ve tried Protek and Knibbs but no luck. Hopefully, if I’m lucky, someone will have a spare one from a damaged rifle that they’ve taken apart…