Thread: Stirrup Pumps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Stirrup Pumps

I see so many different ones on the market for all different prices can anyone tell me what the differences are because on reading they all read the same.

Some will contain filters to help stop moisture , some work better than others , the Hills pumps contain a dri pack but how effective it is I've no idea , it looks like it filters the air as its going in , not once its been compressed , Andy had one and it was clearly rusty on the inside after a few uses. The FX one contains a magic Filter , they are basically glass balls that the condensation seems to stick to, I'm no sponsor of FX stuff but I do have one , mine actually has 2 of these magic filters inside it, they do a very good job of catching the moisture, but it's swings and roundabouts , the FX aren't designed to be serviced , the hills ones are , then again the FX and Hills are very expensive , Amazon had a session a while back , although they were all cheap Chinese offerings , they were doing them for about £6 delivered , they work absolutely fine and came with spares .

I always run a seperate inline filter on my hose as well , on the FX the cotton filter never even gets damp, so the magic filters must work quite well . But I'd recomend an inline filter whatever type you might purchase , as long as you take it easy, pump then stop and let things cooldown , then pump again, you'll fill a rifle no problem and won't die trying
    Last edited by brk1; 02-11-2023 at 07:26 PM.

What inline filter do you recommend?

Thanks

Have you tried using a stirrup pump?
    I had one years ago, I bought it as I couldnt afford a divers bottle. I used it three times. They are the worst thing to use, and you’ll regret getting one. Wait to save up £100 more, then buy a divers bottle that makes refills so easy.

totally agree with above

pump hahahaha ! tried one years ago waste of time gunshops love you buying them because its a return sale
    When you go back and buy a bottle