Thread: Stirrup Pumps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    When new to pcp's, a S200 I had a hills pump, hard work. Next pcp was a S10. I ditched the pump for a dive tank. Stayed with the tank ever since. Over time reading about dry air / filters etc confirmed to me a dive tank was the best option.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

I use a 3 stage BSA pump, 200bar tubes like AirArms are a doddle But I do have to jump up n down on it to get 230bar into my Wildcat... so I dont, 200bar is enough shots for me to get very bored.
    The cheap single action pumps from China... not good, the only way they could be more of a pain in the back-trumpet is if they were inserted there.
    Moisture... Having just had my rifles re-sealed, I can report that my S310 and Ultra tubes are corrosion free after 4 and 3 years of pumping respectively.
    Though...
    I do store my pump in the coldest part of the coldest room in my abode along with my rifles. Wip is QR coupled to the pump - I put the blanking plug in, tighten the bleed, give it a few pumps and open the bleed to get any moisture out. Once pumping, I go half way then crack the bleed then start again, the other reason I dont fully charge the Wildcat is that things start to get Hot past 215ish.
    And if I cant be bothered / everything Murphies at once / World Ends?
    I got 9 springers to choose from

I've just bought a vevor 3 stage pump off the bay as my Hills mk4 stopped working and even after changing all the seals and filters with their service kit it still refuses to work. I have a 7ltr cylinder and an elltech compressor but like to have a stirrup pump aswell... you can never have too many options.
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

I've only ever used a Hill mk4, so can't really comment on differences, but what I can say is that I used it to fill my R10 with no problems. You just need to learn the correct technique and take your time.

I would rather use a bottle to be honest, but during lock down, I didn't have much choice.

I've now got a Hill compressor, but I wouldn't get rid of the pump, just in case.

Cheers,

Mark.

if your fit use one