Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuning options for Webley Vulcan.

Tuning options for Webley Vulcan.

As above what kits would people recommend for fitting to a Webley Vulcan and how much are they. I'm perfectly happy to fit it myself. I have already polished the trigger mechanism and that transformed the gun on its own. Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks I'm advance. Hal

I O ringed the piston on one a ways back...made it really quite nice with the stock spring..

http://www.airguntech.com/?p=84

I added a bearing to the rear of the piston also...smooth to cock, issue was the young lad it belonged too was a hopeless shot LOL

should give you some idea's what is possible with a Vulcan...

Personaly i wouldnt bother till i got the barrel alighnment sorted out first,the issue sloppy loose .

Quote Originally Posted by haloutdoors View Post
    As above what kits would people recommend for fitting to a Webley Vulcan and how much are they. I'm perfectly happy to fit it myself. I have already polished the trigger mechanism and that transformed the gun on its own. Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks I'm advance. Hal
    www.air-rifle-tuning.com

plus a nice new trigger upgrade from

www.chambersgunmakers.co.uk

that should sort you right out - !
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by sharpsman View Post
    Personaly i wouldnt bother till i got the barrel alighnment sorted out first,the issue sloppy loose .
    They only get loose through wear and I don't think it necessarily happens to all of them.

However, the barrel should be checked for slop at the breech pivot as you say.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    www.air-rifle-tuning.com

The trigger upgrade seems worth doing - I certainly like the improvement it has made to my Vulcan. Depending on the Mark, you may have to make a slight alteration to the stock when you fit the new trigger. It is easy to do and cannot be seen externally. When you come to install the action with the new trigger fitted, you will see where you need to remove a little woodwork if necessary.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Thanks everyone for your input. I have looked on Chambers and the Countrystore and all your listed mods are their from spring guides, top hats and trigger kits. I am tempted to fit the lot but at £100 it is the same as I paid for the rifle in 1996 would you fine knowledgeable people say it was worth it or is one mod better than others? I have polished the trigger and that really rekindled my love for the rifle. I do plan to have a go at making a new stock for it soon as this one has split and just doesn't fit very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    They only get loose through wear and I don't think it necessarily happens to all of them.

However, the barrel should be checked for slop at the breech pivot as you say.
    Every one ive ever seen has had a loose barrel to the jaws they are'nt called wobbley webley's for nothing.

Every one ive ever seen has had a loose barrel to the jaws they are'nt called wobbley webley's for nothing.
    The barrel on mine is still nice and tight I have owned it from new and I would estimate it has fired approx 3000 shots I did put a new pin in the barrel pivot last time I stripped it. The holes for the pin are still round and the pin still has to be tapped in.

A trigger upgrade and v mach kit may cost the same as the rifle, I've spent more on all of my Webleys than the basic rifle cost, as the improvement is worthwhile -

The pin in the barrels do not generally cause problems, if you carefully cock 'on axis' i.e. do not cock 'crescent' like, pushing against breach jaws

If you do find a rifle with a problem breach (the barrels on these do not require the same torsion as on hw/diana), the solution is really to fit shims, after possibly a bit of 'vice' treatment.

The barrel stop pins do come loose on around 20 percent of Webleys, and need re fixing. V Mach are the experts here, from their days of being linked to Webley. This is the most common fault.

My experience is that well fettled Webley's in 22 with uk barrels, will shoot as well as pretty much anything else, usually with super domes or other RWS pellets, or FTT. Some like AA too. I think if you have a longbow or Tomy, in 177, you'll want the Walther barrels -

I like the short pointability, light weight, and nice trigger reach on Vulcans / Exocets etc, and the junior versions Excel/ Victor etc (with a 13 1/4 inch reach). Ideal for shooting springer from vehicle too those 'short' rifles -

When I have given various air guns to a novice shooter, I've found a 22 webley has been very 'easy' for them to shoot well with, quickly too -though the basic triggers in the older rifles need replacing for the last version, available from Chambers, which makes them very pleasant indeed -

Hope this helps -
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    www.air-rifle-tuning.com

Mine's not loose - maybe I've just been lucky. I don't think it had a great deal of use before I bought it mind.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by haloutdoors View Post
    Got one of these kits in my Tracker:
    http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/...488/552850.htm

Will try it in my new to me Vulcan as well, as it improves the tracker a lot.

I love vulcans... try replacing the trigger adjustment spring with one from a clicky pen.. try a few till you get one thats just right.. this will lighten the trigger... ive done this on every vulcan ive had... cheap n cheerful.. apart from that ive only lubed and polished and added .5mm ptfe piston sleeve.. my mk3 responded particularly well and now shoots superbly with a quiet thud and a reassuring nudge at 10.5fpe... superb
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Got one of these kits in my Tracker:
    http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/...488/552850.htm

Will try it in my new to me Vulcan as well, as it improves the tracker a lot.
    ..and I did. The ARH-kit transforms the Vulcan into a very nice gun, recoil and twang is greatly reduced, but velocity does not suffer.

I have also used Maccaris HW50s/99 spring in the Vulcan, and with a tight rear guide with litte preload, a delrin tohat, and a washer for rotation, the Vulcan really shines...

Vulcan/Stingray

Is it true that the Vulcan and the Birmingham Stingray are virtually the same? If that is the case, would the stock from the Stingray fit the Vulcan, it comes farther forward, to me it looks tidier.