Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6ft lbs co2 pellet pistol?

6ft lbs co2 pellet pistol?

Hi folks, a bit rusty on whats out there, but does anyone know if a full power co2 pellet pistol exists? I know the Makarov has power but its bb only, etc. 3ftlbs 177 dont interest me at all, but Id like to know if there are some full power options, especially with a rotary mag. Cheers, Chris

Single shot pistols that can shoot a legal 5.5 ft.lbs. without modification are the Schimel, Challenger Arms Plainsman, Smith & Wesson 78G. For repeating pistols a properly tuned Crosman 600. Probably other guys who buy modern pistols may suggest others.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Full poewr Co2 pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Single shot pistols that can shoot a legal 5.5 ft.lbs. without modification are the Schimel, Challenger Arms Plainsman, Smith & Wesson 78G. For repeating pistols a properly tuned Crosman 600. Probably other guys who buy modern pistols may suggest others.

Baz
    Thanks Baz

Crosman 2240
    Benjamin E9A

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    CP1
    i think webley badged a mag fed version of the cp1 too..

ah, yes, here:
    https://www.cheshiregunroom.com/medi...vmx-pistol.jpg
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

The VMX I had was running about 4.5 - they may have updated them in the meantime.

Modern Day :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QHLvCtzS5Y

Expensive, but if MNO then very good.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Another vote for the humble Crosman 2240, they are about as full power as you can get.

Endless mods available for them too, inc a two stage trigger .

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1 View Post
    Hi folks, a bit rusty on whats out there, but does anyone know if a full power co2 pellet pistol exists? I know the Makarov has power but its bb only, etc. 3ftlbs 177 dont interest me at all, but Id like to know if there are some full power options, especially with a rotary mag. Cheers, Chris
    The Baikal Makarov is a nice little gun, has rifled barrel and shoots better with lead bbs rather than the steel ones, not sure what the ftlb are on these.

As said crosman 2240, Benjamin/Sheridan eb22/e9a etc
    I have a crosman 150 that packs a punch
    Also older ones as Baz mentioned Schimel and S&W 78g

..and with a simple little modification the 1377 pumper goes right up to 6ftlbs.

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Biker_Bob View Post
    ..and with a simple little modification the 1377 pumper goes right up to 6ftlbs.
    ...and then you'll need a block and tackle to 'operate' the trigger.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Not really, the 1377 is a knock open valve, not a blow off valve - such as the one in the Sharp Innova - so it doesn't put any extra strain on the trigger when you sort the power out.
    Some people put a heavier hammer spring in which does spoil the trigger, but since the standard hammer spring is strong enough to dump all the air in one go there is no need whatsoever to do it.
    I did a thread on here a few years ago on how to restore the new Gen III guns to their proper power potential - basically it just involves blocking a bleed hole and taking the TP out slightly and that's it. No need for flat top pistons, hammer springs or any other nonsense.

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    OK got that wrong then. I was thinking of the old Crosman classic .22 pumper I had in 1980. Let's just say we didn't have chronos then, I just 'tuned' it.

A shooting bod at the halls of residence was amazed that I could hit and break a milk bottle with it at a distance of [thinks carefully] 40 yards. From memory I'd guess the trigger weight was about 20-25 pounds.

The seals never lasted last long when I had them.

BTW the bod had a shotgun in his hall of residednce room's wardrobe - all legal apparently.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2