Thread: Fas 604

Fas 604

I've an immaculate FAS 604 (sorry, but NOT for sale!) and am curious to know how old it is. The serial No. is 5533 on the left side, above the trigger guard. Can anyone date it from that please?
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Fas

Derek

In true Italian form, I doubt there are any accurate records available and the original FAS company folded. From the number I suspect yours is a Mk1, if you put on pics we can confirm, but I had and used a Mk 1 in the late 70's (1978?) having gone over to one from a FWB 65, so I suspect yours will be in that general period.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

I can't see any way of adding an attachment and don't use a photo hosting service, so I'll take it as being a Mk 1 from sometime in the 70s. A date is of no importance as I was only curious. Thanks for getting back Robin.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

I wish I had a photo of my FAS as it was the very first one sold in the UK. They are a fabulous pistol, a very well made and fitting grip and deservedly popular on the airgun scene.

I acquired a Mk1 recently, I am so taken with it that I am thinking of parting with my FWB P34...
    Too many guns, or not enough time?