Thread: Lincs Bell Target

Lightbulb Lincs Bell Target

I went along to a Bell Target practice night for the first time last night.......

Post from the Boinger Bash thread.......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yay!!!!!!

After years of teasing myself (I nearly attended just before Covid came along), I finally got to a Lincs Bell Target League meet (practice night) last night. And what a brilliant evening.

I nearly didn't go. The old mince pies will be commencing attention next week with the cataract removal and vision has deteriorated of late, making me detest night driving. I had messaged Gary. Gary's the one who many of you know now who came to his first Bash in May 2022 and then really bit the bug, has attended many Bash meets now, acquired lots of guns and has joined up at Lincs HFT Club. I described by predicament and Gary offered to ferry me to the Bell Target. I felt slightly awkward as this was putting him well out of his way, but finally accepted.

What a great evening. Lovely venue at The Sun Inn at Saxilby, near Lincoln. I've been there once many years before. Lovely feel to the place - excellent bar. It was band night, too. So, at first, it felt really weird walking through a bar with plenty of people with your rifle (in a case, obviously).

Everyone there was very nice and welcoming. As I've found you encounter with just about everything "airgun" and mixing like-minded, friendly folk. The "crowd" varies. Yesterday evening was mainly blokes 40+, but there were two younger teenage lads and a teen lady there too. Loads of friendly banter and laughs.

I'd taken along my little 24D. Accurate, sweet trigger and sub-6. But you can take sub-12 rifles, so my open sighted 35s and 30s will definitely get taken. And, once I have that better vision, aim to take the 300S and 55T along. That little 24D gave an excellent account of itself and rang the bell a fair few times, despite the blurry vision. The lighting was excellent, though, which enabled me to make out the aiming mark - just!

What an ace and fulfilling evening's entertainment. We were there for nigh-on two and a half hours (a few were still shooting), had live music in the background, chips were included, lovely venue and brilliant company and all for £3! An absolute bargain. I will be back. I'd love to go for every meet (once a fortnight), but we'll see and I will be joining up.

Thank you Gary and thank you all at the Sun Inn Saxilby for a most wonderful evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I went along to a Bell Target practice night for the first time last night.......

Post from the Boinger Bash thread.......
    Thank you.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I'd intended to go that night for the first time as well, but visitors turned up as i was getting ready to leave, maybe another time then