Thread: adjustment

adjustment

setting up this scope Bug Buster 3/9/32/ at 9meters i ran out of height adjustment is there anyway around this what can i do?

scope height

Hi shim the scope up a little on the rear mount i use 2 strips of old camera film negatives thats all it takes

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    Hi shim the scope up a little on the rear mount i use 2 strips of old camera film negatives thats all it takes
    i think i would need to raise the front as i have no height adjustment left but thanks for the advice.

scope adjustment

roger sorry i wasted my time and i got it all the wrong way round i am so sorry

Now that we're all on digital cameras, what can you use instead of old negatives?
    I gave the same advice to one of my nephews and he's like, whaaat?

We need a modern substitute, I think the last bunch of film was given to my sister who was going to get them digitalized.

Adjustment

Quote Originally Posted by Ryde View Post
    Now that we're all on digital cameras, what can you use instead of old negatives?

We need a modern substitute, I think the last bunch of film was given to my sister who was going to get them digitalized.
    Use an Ally drink can "Coke" they are approx 0.003" these can be cut with domestic scissors, take care and do not shim too much 2 or 3 should be ok, you will hear all sorts of horror stories about bending the scope providing you keep to 2 or 3 and don't tighten the rings like a gorilla on steroids it will be ok

So, I shouldn't use my 2' breaker bar anymore?

So, I shouldn't use my 2' breaker bar anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by HarrisK View Post
    Use an Ally drink can "Coke" they are approx 0.003" these can be cut with domestic scissors, take care and do not shim too much 2 or 3 should be ok, you will hear all sorts of horror stories about bending the scope providing you keep to 2 or 3 and don't tighten the rings like a gorilla on steroids it will be ok

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    roger sorry i wasted my time and i got it all the wrong way round i am so sorry
    no problem m8 i know what you ment

Quote Originally Posted by roger_37 View Post
    setting up this scope Bug Buster 3/9/32/ at 9meters i ran out of height adjustment is there anyway around this what can i do?
    Which way ? high or low.

9m is extremely close to try & zero, but you might get a secondary zero at 9 if you stretch your primary zero

if you have Hawke Chairgun you can play with zero ranges to work out where the pellet trajectory first crosses the line of sight.

You might also get more replies if the thread was in general and not the review section

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Which way ? high or low.

9m is extremely close to try & zero, but you might get a secondary zero at 9 if you stretch your primary zero

if you have Hawke Chairgun you can play with zero ranges to work out where the pellet trajectory first crosses the line of sight.

You might also get more replies if the thread was in general and not the review section
    high, cant get chairgun on my phone,i think shim is the way to go.

You should be able to get a phone version here; https://uk.hawkeoptics.com/chairgun-...d-of-life.html

I downloaded fresh copies for a new PC (win 11) earlier this year, just because Hawke no longer support it doesn't change how the older versions work.

thanks for the info.