Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Come along for the ride - Casing 2 Westley Richards Highest Possible

Come along for the ride - Casing 2 Westley Richards Highest Possible

I love to case pistols but have never done a double. These 2 Westley Richards HP needed the home they deserve. Come along for the journey. It may have a surprise ending?

Planning the dividers with cardboard and then gluing up the thin plywood. Fabric coming this weekend. Still hoping for period pellet boxes and antique turnscrew. A Westley Richard wrench would be nice! Lol That oil bottle is period and would have been the gun oil used in the US at the turn of the century.

Last edited by 45flint; 01-12-2023 at 12:39 PM.

Looks like this will provide an appropriate home for two such lovely and iconic pistols. I have found that adapting old cases which once contained cutlery items make a great basis for pistol cases. What colour felt do you plan to use to line the cases ?
    I used green for my Webley pistols but prefer Royal Blue for the more up market items in my collection.

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 01-12-2023 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Looks like this will provide an appropriate home for two such lovely and iconic pistols. I have found that adapting old cases which once contained cutlery items make a great basis for pistol cases. What colour felt do you plan to use to line the cases ?
    I used green for my Webley pistols but prefer Royal Blue for the more up market items in my collection.

Brian
    Green just seems more vintage and pleasing to me. I looked at countless old cutlery cases and various other types on boxes, interestingly many from England. Spoiler alert this is just a tray insert for something I found at a local antique shop.
    Last edited by 45flint; 01-12-2023 at 01:41 PM.

A bit of incentive given the asking price although the blue lining does look nice with this pistol.

https://www.antiques.co.uk/antique/W...907-air-pistol

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    A bit of incentive given the asking price although the blue lining does look nice with this pistol.

https://www.antiques.co.uk/antique/W...907-air-pistol

Brian
    Bargain!

Rarest of the rare, boxed in good condition and working order .177 calibre, offering free delivery UK only, reference BBB We accept online payments for all our items listed: Bank transfer cash on collection personal cheques or if wishing over the phone using your debit or credit cards, or email giving your address details & contact number and we shall send you your items invoice to make payment. Send your request to - john.strong2@gmail.com
    Antiques.co.uk Ref: A7RTJJYA
    PRICE: £4,250.00
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Bargain!

Rarest of the rare, boxed in good condition and working order .177 calibre, offering free delivery UK only, reference BBB We accept online payments for all our items listed: Bank transfer cash on collection personal cheques or if wishing over the phone using your debit or credit cards, or email giving your address details & contact number and we shall send you your items invoice to make payment. Send your request to - john.strong2@gmail.com
    Thanks for the heads up Danny. My cheque is in the post.

Well I guess I should have ordered blue? Blue cased, with 2 WRHP and I’m looking at $8000?

Mines green.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Danny has first dibs if it’s ever getting sold, but is advised not to hold his breath

Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Mines green.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Danny has first dibs if it’s ever getting sold, but is advised not to hold his breath

Cheers,
    Matt
    I may steal your label!

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    I may steal your label!
    That’s what I posted the picture for, help yourself mate.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Bargain!

And it is not an original case.

That will be a lovely case Steve.
    Here’s my WR concentric re-imported to UK from Ingvar Alm's Collection in a very nice custom case that I recall was by a USA maker. Lovely.

Steve
    PS A most stressful import process that I wouldn’t risk again…

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    I love to case pistols but have never done a double. These 2 Westley Richards HP needed the home they deserve. Come along for the journey. It may have a surprise ending?

Planning the dividers with cardboard and then gluing up the thin plywood. Fabric coming this weekend. Still hoping for period pellet boxes and antique turnscrew. A Westley Richard wrench would be nice! Lol That oil bottle is period and would have been the gun oil used in the US at the turn of the century.

I always put my fabric/cloth on the bottom, and then the dividers, then assemble, which l find is the best for me. but it is going to look nice which ever colour you use. l use old snooker/pool cloth. Red looks quite nice as well.

The perfect diamond between the two pistols was a cool surprise. If I cleans this up a label something like this may look cool?

Last edited by 45flint; 02-12-2023 at 02:32 PM.

Bringing you up to date.