Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Come along for the ride - Casing 2 Westley Richards Highest Possible

Prince Albert 1819-1861

I love what you've done with the case and the pistols and it doesn't bother me if the accessories aren't 100% contemporary but you know the thing that really screams out me as being so so wrong? The labels. Would they still have been using percussion pistol era labels advertising that they were gunmakers by appointment to Prince Albert 50 or so years sfter his death? No way! The warrant would have lapsed!

Matt's label, on the other hand.... just right.
    Last edited by Mr Pusk; 26-12-2023 at 07:40 AM.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hi Steve, they look just great,you have done a very good job there.l have sent you some photos of my WR percussion pistol, which is like the ones in the last photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pusk View Post
    I love what you've done with the case and the pistols and it doesn't bother me if the accessories aren't 100% contemporary but you know the thing that really screams out me as being so so wrong? The labels. Would they still have been using percussion pistol era labels advertising that they were gunmakers by appointment to Prince Albert 50 or so years sfter his death? No way! The warrant would have lapsed!

Matt's label, on the other hand.... just right.
    You were looking at an early photo when I was still experimenting with the main label. The final label I glued on was Matt’s Label!! The little label between the pistols was just laid in. Thought it looked cool but a small accessory could take its place? If someone would send me an original WR wrench I could fill that space perfectly?

Last edited by 45flint; 26-12-2023 at 01:11 PM.

Phew! Perfect!