Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Come along for the ride - Casing 2 Westley Richards Highest Possible

I was making a tray because I purchased a turn of the century box that was just something special. Entire box is covered with veneer. A falling block design on the top. The inside equally as nice so I didn’t want to glue things inside and ruin it. The tray just drops in perfectly and securely.

Last edited by 45flint; 03-12-2023 at 09:12 PM.

Lovey,
    Great job mate, that drop in tray is very convenient and I like the oil bottle.

Now I understand why you previously asked what pellets would have been used.
    Mine has Improved Bulldog pellets but I think they are 1930’s.
    According to Dario’s pellet video the ‘Bulfin slugs’ box’s were available from 1905 and actually contained diabolo pellets so would be perfect.

Cheers,
    Matt

Not done yet something special yet to come if I can make it work. Without a doubt the finest casing I has ever done. The case is just as much a treasure as the pistol.

Don’t store them in the case though as moisture etc in the materials and adhesives can cause corrosion.
    Best kept in silicone sock sleeves and shown off in the case when out and about.

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Don’t store them in the case though as moisture etc in the materials and adhesives can cause corrosion.
    Best kept in silicone sock sleeves and shown off in the case when out and about.
    Better check some black powder Civil War pistols I have had in cases forever!

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Nice job Steve, looking forward to see what you are going to do next.

Superb job Steve.

The case has a contemporary look to it that sets off the pair of HPs perfectly.

Yes, Bulfin would be a good choice of pellet or even a box of BSA.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

It looks excellent, Steve. Congratulations. The WR HP pistols are of such high quality and have that 'pre-WW1' look that means they go really nicely in the sort of fitted case you might expect the see a pair of muzzle-loading duelling pistols in.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Lovely job indeed. Well done Steve.

The last part of the journey. Had some wasted space in the lid and the top always looks best covered in cloth like the bottom. Thought I would make a compartment to store my books on Westley Richard and any other research on these pistols. The compartment like the bottom fits very tight into the top. I will need to attach a small knob to pull it down but for now I have scotch tape on the corners to pull it back out. The large book has the advertisement for this pistol. That ends the journey, just need to go searching for a small knob that looks period and I want to make a leather handle like on that BSA box recently posted.

Don’t make fun of the Adders at least they are period and look awesome!

Last edited by 45flint; 05-12-2023 at 04:05 AM.

Presumably you are aware of the WR Highest Possible instruction booklet posted on the VAG a reproduction copy would sit nicely with your collection.

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....sible-booklet/

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 05-12-2023 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Presumably you are aware of the WR Highest Possible instruction booklet posted on the AGF. A reproduction copy would sit nicely with your collection.

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....sible-booklet/

Brian
    Totally overlooked that, print it out tomorrow. Thanks

Though not totally air gun related, I was doing research and found that Westley Richards was a major maker of double cased percussion pistols. Some for duels and some for officers or protection. Somewhat surprised that all were done in green cloth. Just three example but many more online. Cool to see the similarities to my casing. The Westley Richards site itself has an interesting history of dueling in England.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Superb job on this, a real work of art 👍
    Good deals with these members

Some truly nice cased pistols...