Thread: Anschutz SuperAir 2001 problem

Anschutz SuperAir 2001 problem

I have just bought an Anschutz SuperAir 2001 SSP rifle and when I unpacked it and tried it I found a few problems. The major one makes it impossible/ dangerous to shoot.
    Safety off. Push the cocking lever fully forward to cock it. When the rifle is cocked, the breech opens properly, pull back the cocking lever to charge it, put in pellet, pull back breech lever, release, breech closes.
    Pull trigger, click, nothing happens.
    Open cocking lever, when it is at about 45 degrees the gun fires.
    The option of returning the rifle is off the table, private vendor who is emphatic that it was ok when he sent it.
    Does anyone have any genuine experience of this rifle and this issue that can point me in the direction of what is wrong and how to fix it?
    Eric

Sounds like a sticking valve, or possibly (but imo less likely) a problem with the timing.

The other option is that the trigger itself is setup incorrectly, perhaps sears are passing but the hammer is not being released until the lever is opened. This could also suggest something in the “cocking gears” that run alongside the action isn’t set up right.

It would be helpful to know what the ‘click’ is after pulling the trigger, but then I guess if you knew that you could probably figure out the issue yourself
    Slightly obsessed with Single Stroke Pneumatics
    Also making stocks over at Daviesbuilt gunstocks.

I'm with Tom on this, I think the trigger has been incorrectly set up. If you have a manual set the trigger back to factory setting.

If you didn't get a manual - see if you can find one on line, or if someone has a pdf they can send you.

Keep us posted

agree with above

Thank you for the input. I suspect the trigger. Unfortunately I don’t have a manual, and the one on the Anschutz site is missing two pages. One is the last page of the German part on the trigger, but my problem is that the other missing page is the first English page on the trigger assembly! I’ll have a look at the online 2002 manual, I hope the triggers are the same.
    Eric

I have found that with one screw adjustment it is fixed. At first by running in the screw behind the trigger I stopped the valve opening altogether, but by backing it off I could get the valve to open on the trigger. So I now have a functioning rifle, now just have to take some of the spacers out of the stock and I will be good to go!
    Once again thanks to all. It turns out the 2002 early version had the same trigger as the 2001, so I now have the information on it.
    I knew I could rely on this forum
    Cheers
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    I have found that with one screw adjustment it is fixed. At first by running in the screw behind the trigger I stopped the valve opening altogether, but by backing it off I could get the valve to open on the trigger. So I now have a functioning rifle, now just have to take some of the spacers out of the stock and I will be good to go!
    Once again thanks to all. It turns out the 2002 early version had the same trigger as the 2001, so I now have the information on it.
    I knew I could rely on this forum
    Cheers
    Eric
    Glad you got it working again, the 2001 is a lovely rifle!
    Slightly obsessed with Single Stroke Pneumatics
    Also making stocks over at Daviesbuilt gunstocks.